Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?
Basically I have a laptop pro stand so the display will be on top with the MacBook stored under. Do I have to pull it all apart and open the laptop just to turn it on every time? I didn't see a power button on the display or anything...
- Asked by Jordan P from Bonne Terre
- Apr 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?)
power connect to macbook pro 2013
The power cable doesn't connect to my new macbook pro (2013), as the connectors are different.
Is there a converter or other cord that i could use instead?
- Asked by Elizabeth T from Lafayette
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (power connect to macbook pro 2013)
speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display
Just bought MacBook Pro 15, which will be connected to Thunderbolt display. Possible to connect speakers to the Thunderbolt? Or better to connect speakers to the MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Scott G from Santa Rosa
- Nov 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display)
Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?
I'm in the market for a new macbook pro, but i can't seem to find any definite information as to whether or not i can use my old cinema display (using ADC). I know there is an ADC-DVI converter, and a Thunderbolt-DVI converter. Is it possible to simply buy both and use the old display?
- Asked by Nolan C from Binghamton
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?)
I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Daren S from Teluk Intan
- Jan 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
Can I use my 2010 late Macbook Pro connect to Apple Thunderbolt 27' display?
- Asked by Kevin C from Richmondhill
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my 2010 late Macbook Pro connect to Apple Thunderbolt 27' display?)
Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?
I want to connect the Bose Companion 5 system via USB, but my question is how do I turn off the Thunderbolt Display sound while keeping the sound coming from my Bose Speakers?
Thanks in advance, hope someone can answer this, i'd really appreciate it!
- Asked by Michael C from Riverview
- Feb 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?)
is it working on macbook pro 17"2010 and macbook pro 13" 2011?
- Asked by Xiaochen Z from Auckland
- Jun 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is it working on macbook pro 17"2010 and macbook pro 13" 2011?)
can an older macbook pro be upgraded to use thunderbolt
- Asked by Leroy R G from Fredericksberg
- May 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can an older macbook pro be upgraded to use thunderbolt)
If I bought a high spec Macbook Air or Pro, could I buy a normal 4k monitor and use it sort of like an iMac?
Basically, I would prefer to buy the 27" iMac 5k with retina display but obviously it costs around about an arm and a leg, so my question is... If I bought a very high spec Macbook Pro or Air could I connect that to, let's say, a 4k Samsung monitor using one of those DVI to HDMI ports and use it 'like' an iMac? Also, a friend of mine told me that if I was to use this approach, there is a mode on the mac so that I could possible close the screen of the mac and pop it in a drawer for example and still use it, by using the external Samsung monitor? So, i Guess it's sort of on a kind of standby mode, but still being used? Sorry about the constant questions, but I'm so rubbish with Apple products, I'm new to it all you see. If I was to do this, could I buy an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse and use that whilst the macbook's screen is shut, whilst I'm using the huge 4k Samsung display? I'm only asking this many questions because it is an awful lot of money to be spending on something that may or may not work. Thanks for anyone who answers this, meanwhile, I'm very confused at the minute.
Thank you, Sam.
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet