Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?
I would like to use a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) with dual Apple Thunderbolt displays. Is that possible?
- Asked by Bryce C from Green Bay
- Apr 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?)
macbook air SN C02DN73NDJDK support thunderbolt?
I Would like to purchase a thunderbolt display, but my Macbook Air is about 1.5 years old. Will it be supported?
- Asked by Anne H from San Francisco
- Jun 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook air SN C02DN73NDJDK support thunderbolt?)
Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?
I have been using an Apple Thunderbolt Display since it was first available. In the past few years, I have been experiencing issues where a Macbook Pro (a mid 2013 edition and now a mid 2014 edition) has been experiencing ejecting disks, ejecting iDevices, and ejecting displays (i.e. display screen goes black). Logic boards have been replaced 3 times on the earlier Macbook Pro and 1 time on the 2014 edition. I am now experiencing the ejecting display issue again on the mid 2014 Macbook Pro.
After disconnecting all external devices (disks, iDevices, etc.), the only remaining item that is connected is the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems like the Thunderbolt cable is the issue. I wonder if the heat from the Thunderbolt connection has been causing failures in the logic boards, however, I digress.
Is is possible to completely replace the Thunderbolt cable from the Apple Display to a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by James W from Terre Haute
- Oct 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?)
No answers yet
Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?
I would like to buy a Macbook Air for home but I would like to use one monitor for both, my PC from work (Dell / HP) and my new Macbook. I really like the Thunderbolt display but I am not sure if it will work with my PC.
- Asked by Juan S from Katy
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
Can you daisy chain two thunderbolt displays to macbook air?
- Asked by Kevin C from Northport
- Sep 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain two thunderbolt displays to macbook air?)
I have a new MacBook Air. Can you connect 2 thunderbolt displays to a macbook air
- Asked by Ryan S from Manhattan Beach
- Jan 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new MacBook Air. Can you connect 2 thunderbolt displays to a macbook air)
speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display
Just bought MacBook Pro 15, which will be connected to Thunderbolt display. Possible to connect speakers to the Thunderbolt? Or better to connect speakers to the MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Scott G from Santa Rosa
- Nov 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display)
Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Aug 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Jan 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)