Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can i add in the end of the chain a non thunderbolt display as 2nd display
i am setting up my new work desk, and have the following plan:
1 Mac Book Pro (Latest)
then via TB 1 x 27inch Thunderbolt Display
then via TB 1x Pegasus R6 Raid
and then as the last one in the chain a Normal 2010 Display port
Will that work?
- Asked by Benjamin S from Malden
- Jan 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i add in the end of the chain a non thunderbolt display as 2nd display)
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Jan 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
Can you daisy chain a mini display port Apple Cinema Display to the Thunderbolt Display from a 2013 Mac Pro?
Example: Mac Pro > Thunderbolt Display > Cinema Display
- Asked by Kuni N from Burnaby
- Jul 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain a mini display port Apple Cinema Display to the Thunderbolt Display from a 2013 Mac Pro?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Is it possible to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display 27inch to Mini Mac mini display port? Version from 2010, that doesn't have thunderbolt output?
Thunderbolt to mini display port?
- Asked by Petar B from Beograd
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display 27inch to Mini Mac mini display port? Version from 2010, that doesn't have thunderbolt output?)
Can I Go from the thunderbolt port on my 2011 macbook pro to this 27in thunderbolt display then chain threw an adapter to an HDMI display?
- Asked by Jesse L from Virginia Beach
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Go from the thunderbolt port on my 2011 macbook pro to this 27in thunderbolt display then chain threw an adapter to an HDMI display?)
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
So my question is, what all things I can connect to Thunderbolt display's USB ports?
If I connect a thumb drive, will it be accessible? (on mac mini if its connected to thunderbolt display)
If I have connected a Mac mini's thunderbolt port to Thunderbolt display, and for Internet access if I connect LAN cable to Ethernet port of Thunderbolt display, will I get internet connection on my mac mini?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable)
The "pigtale" cable will be short to reach my mac mini. My question is, if I buy two TB Displays, Can I use the TB port on the 1st display to connect to the mac mini and the pigtale from the 1st display to connect to the 2nd TB display and then be able to use both displays? (mac mini '11 2.5ghz)
Can anybody please check that this actually works?
- Asked by Valentino C from Sao Paulo
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable))
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?
I have been using an Apple Thunderbolt Display since it was first available. In the past few years, I have been experiencing issues where a Macbook Pro (a mid 2013 edition and now a mid 2014 edition) has been experiencing ejecting disks, ejecting iDevices, and ejecting displays (i.e. display screen goes black). Logic boards have been replaced 3 times on the earlier Macbook Pro and 1 time on the 2014 edition. I am now experiencing the ejecting display issue again on the mid 2014 Macbook Pro.
After disconnecting all external devices (disks, iDevices, etc.), the only remaining item that is connected is the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems like the Thunderbolt cable is the issue. I wonder if the heat from the Thunderbolt connection has been causing failures in the logic boards, however, I digress.
Is is possible to completely replace the Thunderbolt cable from the Apple Display to a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by James W from Terre Haute
- Oct 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?)
No answers yet
Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Brynne P from Charlottesville
- Jan 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Chaining a non-Apple display (via a HDMI->Tb cable) to a (as yet unbought) Thunderbolt display on a MacBook Air (purchased Feb 2014): Workable?
The MacBook Air was bought in Feb 2014 and currently works with the aforementioned display via a HDMI->Tb cable.
This is what I get from the "system report" on my MacBook Air.
Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0099.B21
SMC Version (system): 2.13f15
Serial Number (system): ---
Hardware UUID: ---
Vendor Name: Apple Inc.
Device Name: MacBook Air
Route String: 0
Firmware Version: 23.6
Domain UUID: ---
- Asked by Jeremy C from Singapore
- Jan 21, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Chaining a non-Apple display (via a HDMI->Tb cable) to a (as yet unbought) Thunderbolt display on a MacBook Air (purchased Feb 2014): Workable?)
Would Apogee Duet Firewire work via Thunderbolt Cinema Display ?
Bought a macbook air.. wich means no firewire..
I then bought an adapter Firewire to Thunderbolt so I can use my Apogee Duet Firewire but Im shopping now for a display.
If I can use Apogee Duet Firewire through Thunderbol Display firewire port everything would be solved !!!
- Asked by Benoit B from Saint-jean-sur-richelieu
- Sep 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would Apogee Duet Firewire work via Thunderbolt Cinema Display ?)
Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?
Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?
If a Thunderbolt display is the primary display for a Mac Mini, is it possible for the display to switch to a MacBook Air? Without necessarily pulling the Thunderbolt connection from the Mac Mini? (Extra credit if this means the two machines could share the same USB-connected keyboard and mouse, via the same display?)
- Asked by Marc Y from Stony Brook
- Nov 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?)
speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display
Just bought MacBook Pro 15, which will be connected to Thunderbolt display. Possible to connect speakers to the Thunderbolt? Or better to connect speakers to the MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Scott G from Santa Rosa
- Nov 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display)
Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Aug 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)