Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can an older macbook pro be upgraded to use thunderbolt
- Asked by Leroy R G from Fredericksberg
- May 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can an older macbook pro be upgraded to use thunderbolt)
Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Aug 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display
Just bought MacBook Pro 15, which will be connected to Thunderbolt display. Possible to connect speakers to the Thunderbolt? Or better to connect speakers to the MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Scott G from Santa Rosa
- Nov 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display)
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Jan 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
can i use a thunderbolt display with a mid-2010 mac pro
I have a mid-2010 mac pro and want to upgrade displays. Can i use two Thunderbolt displays with this computer?
- Asked by Shelley M from Salt Lake City
- Oct 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a thunderbolt display with a mid-2010 mac pro)
- Asked about: Mac
Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?
I have been using an Apple Thunderbolt Display since it was first available. In the past few years, I have been experiencing issues where a Macbook Pro (a mid 2013 edition and now a mid 2014 edition) has been experiencing ejecting disks, ejecting iDevices, and ejecting displays (i.e. display screen goes black). Logic boards have been replaced 3 times on the earlier Macbook Pro and 1 time on the 2014 edition. I am now experiencing the ejecting display issue again on the mid 2014 Macbook Pro.
After disconnecting all external devices (disks, iDevices, etc.), the only remaining item that is connected is the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems like the Thunderbolt cable is the issue. I wonder if the heat from the Thunderbolt connection has been causing failures in the logic boards, however, I digress.
Is is possible to completely replace the Thunderbolt cable from the Apple Display to a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by James W from Terre Haute
- Oct 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?)
No answers yet
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?
I'm in the market for a new macbook pro, but i can't seem to find any definite information as to whether or not i can use my old cinema display (using ADC). I know there is an ADC-DVI converter, and a Thunderbolt-DVI converter. Is it possible to simply buy both and use the old display?
- Asked by Nolan C from Binghamton
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?)
I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Daren S from Teluk Intan
- Jan 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
Can I use my 2010 late Macbook Pro connect to Apple Thunderbolt 27' display?
- Asked by Kevin C from Richmondhill
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my 2010 late Macbook Pro connect to Apple Thunderbolt 27' display?)