Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?
For work, I have an HP EliteBook 8470p, which has DisplayPort. When I'm using it at home, I'd like to be able to hook it up to my Thunderbolt Display.
I haven't found a male DisplayPort to female mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt adapter, but I have found a male DisplayPort to male mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt cable, which would technically allow me to connect the devices. However, I'm not sure whether the Thunderbolt Display accepts input from anything other than it's attached cable, or whether my PC's DisplayPort signal is compatible. Is it?
- Asked by Brandon V from Medina
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?)
Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?
I want to connect the Bose Companion 5 system via USB, but my question is how do I turn off the Thunderbolt Display sound while keeping the sound coming from my Bose Speakers?
Thanks in advance, hope someone can answer this, i'd really appreciate it!
- Asked by Michael C from Riverview
- Feb 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?)
How would I connect an Independant Sound System (Woofer and 4 Satellite Speakers) to an Apple Thunderbolt Display running with a Mac Mini?
Would Apogee Duet Firewire work via Thunderbolt Cinema Display ?
Bought a macbook air.. wich means no firewire..
I then bought an adapter Firewire to Thunderbolt so I can use my Apogee Duet Firewire but Im shopping now for a display.
If I can use Apogee Duet Firewire through Thunderbol Display firewire port everything would be solved !!!
- Asked by Benoit B from Saint-jean-sur-richelieu
- Sep 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would Apogee Duet Firewire work via Thunderbolt Cinema Display ?)
Any chance that this monitor would work with a older monitor when the older monitor connects to the thunderbolt port on the back of this display?
I have a 24 inch samsung monitor that works fine when connects with the 2011 MBP directly via a mini display port to DVI adaptor, but it doesn't work when I connect it to the back of the thunderbolt port of the thunderbolt display. Is there a chance that I could get the samsung monitor working to set up the dual monitor system with the thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Yue P from Port Moody
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Any chance that this monitor would work with a older monitor when the older monitor connects to the thunderbolt port on the back of this display?)
Chaining a non-Apple display (via a HDMI->Tb cable) to a (as yet unbought) Thunderbolt display on a MacBook Air (purchased Feb 2014): Workable?
The MacBook Air was bought in Feb 2014 and currently works with the aforementioned display via a HDMI->Tb cable.
This is what I get from the "system report" on my MacBook Air.
Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0099.B21
SMC Version (system): 2.13f15
Serial Number (system): ---
Hardware UUID: ---
Vendor Name: Apple Inc.
Device Name: MacBook Air
Route String: 0
Firmware Version: 23.6
Domain UUID: ---
- Asked by Jeremy C from Singapore
- Jan 21, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Chaining a non-Apple display (via a HDMI->Tb cable) to a (as yet unbought) Thunderbolt display on a MacBook Air (purchased Feb 2014): Workable?)
Can I take this display with me to Australia? Will it work?
- Asked by Nicholas L from Washington
- Jul 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I take this display with me to Australia? Will it work?)
Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?
I would like to use a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) with dual Apple Thunderbolt displays. Is that possible?
- Asked by Bryce C from Green Bay
- Apr 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?)
Am I able to order a replacement ac power cord for my 27" thunderbolt display?
I am moving back from the UK to USA and need to replace the AC power cord that plugs into an electrical outlet. Will I be able to order this part separately? If so, how? Online or over the phone? What is the part number?
- Asked by Zach W from Portland
- Feb 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Am I able to order a replacement ac power cord for my 27" thunderbolt display?)
Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable)
The "pigtale" cable will be short to reach my mac mini. My question is, if I buy two TB Displays, Can I use the TB port on the 1st display to connect to the mac mini and the pigtale from the 1st display to connect to the 2nd TB display and then be able to use both displays? (mac mini '11 2.5ghz)
Can anybody please check that this actually works?
- Asked by Valentino C from Sao Paulo
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable))
What is the average power consumption of the Thunderbolt display when hooked up to a new 85W MacBook Pro 15"?
I'm off-grid so this really matters. I'm gutted Apple have discontinued the 17" MacBook Pro because that extra screen real estate makes an enormous amount of difference. A desktop is much too power hungry for my situation, but if the Thunderbolt display is reasonable then this setup becomes a potential (if far more expensive) replacement option.
Apple Display Power in UAE
Hi, I am moving to UAE next month and I would like to know if my Apple 27" display will work there. It's not the Thunderbolt model but the previous incantation of this display.
- Asked by Shawn S from Germantown
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Display Power in UAE)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet