Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
what safeguards does the MagSafe 2 provide from hissing and sparking power sockets? Does it prevent any damaging voltage from reaching the laptop?
please tell me if there is a fuse built it the MagSafe 2 power adapter.
How much power does this 45W Magsafe 2 consume when it is plugged in to the wall socket and unplugged at the laptop end?
I take this laptop to school to laptop daily and I don't carry the charger. The charger is tediously connected to a multiple output surge protector which also connections to my PC and printer. So the laptop charger will always be on and everyday I only plug in the other magnetic side to charge the laptop. Will this harm the adaptor and will it consume power in that state where it is connected to wall socket but the laptop isn't connected (the status light will be off and the adaptor doesn't heat up at all like it does during charging).
Can I use my old 45W Magsafe power supply with my new Macbook air?
I just bought the new macbook air and I use the original Magsafe2 power supply provided with the new air at work. However, when I take my new air at home, I thought that I can use my old 45W Magsafe power supply and so I would not need to carry also a power supply cord.
But I noticed that although the power provided by both power supplies is the same (45W) the voltage and the amperage is different. Is this a problem? Of course, if there is any problem with the voltage all what I need is the magsafe to magsafe2 adaptor.
- Asked by Nicolas B
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my old 45W Magsafe power supply with my new Macbook air?)
What's the difference between MagSafe and MagSafe 2?
- Asked by Richard K from Absecon
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference between MagSafe and MagSafe 2?)
dimensions of magsafe 2
There is a big confusion what is MagSafe and what MagSafe 2. This could be easily solved by knowing the exact dimensions (WxH) of the plug (be in mm or inches). Do there exist different shapes of MagSafe 2 ?
- Asked by Tomaso P
- Jul 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (dimensions of magsafe 2)
No answers yet
Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?
The answers I'm reading are not too clear. I have the Mac Air 11" 2nd gen (mid 2011). I recently left my MagSafe Power Adapter at an airport and need a replacement. But upon discovering that Apple has just come out with a Mac Air 11" 3rd gen (mid 2012) and and with a slightly different power adapter, calling it the MagSafe 2, I'm left to ponder what should be a non-decision. Would I be better advised to purchase the MagSafe 2 even though my Mac Air is the previous year's?
I sort of liked my old MagSafe with the tiny cylinder-shaped plug that was shaped to look like part of the cable (it was practically a necessity with my 1st Mac Air from 2008 because the receptacle was toward the bottom of the machine instead of on the side). But the MagSafe 2 appears to use a less stylish, squarish magnetic connector that's similar in appearance to all of the MagSafe connectors that preceded the 1st Mac Air.
Is the MacSafe 2 the better bet for use with the preceding Mac Air (2nd gen 11", 2011)? Besides being smaller and employing a more conventional-looking connector, are there any substantial improvements and advantages to consider? Is it perhaps more rugged with a longer, more wrap-able cable?
- Asked by Samuel L. C from Kenosha
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I purchase the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter for my 11" Air (2nd gen, 2011)?)
I bought my macbook air recently from the US, I need is the little component that goes into the wall socket (the UK 3-pin instead of the US 2-pin)
I don't need an extra power supply, but I do need the little component in the adapter which plugs into the wall to replace the US 2-pin component. I'm hoping that the UK component can be purchased on its own
How long is the cord from the adaptor to the magsafe 2?
- Asked by Rayanne H from Washington
- May 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the cord from the adaptor to the magsafe 2?)
Using the old Mag Safe power adapter on my new Mac Book Air (2013)
I have a 13 inch 2013 Mac Book air (MD760) and I lost my original power adapter. Can I use a 60W Mag Safe power adapter that has a voltage of 16.5V to charge my Mac Book Air that originally uses a power adapter with a voltage of 14.85V (using a converter)??? Does it damage the battery or the computer itself?
Please answer as soon as possible.
- Asked by Max P from New York
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Using the old Mag Safe power adapter on my new Mac Book Air (2013))
Can I buy only the removable "plug" unit from my 45-watt MagSafe Power Adapter?
- Asked by Edward S from Ottawa
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy only the removable "plug" unit from my 45-watt MagSafe Power Adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
What is the ouput current and voltage?
I don't know the output current or voltage.
- Asked by Guoxing Z from San Ramon
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the ouput current and voltage?)
is magsafe adopter repairable
- Asked by Pearl G from International City
- Dec 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (is magsafe adopter repairable)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
No answers yet
Does anyone from Apple ever answer these questions? Or are we relying on user speculation?
I need to know the exact weight of the 45W MagSafe 2 Adapter. Something as fundamental as size and weight should be somewhere in the product description.
- Asked by Eric H from Edmonds
- Jul 1, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone from Apple ever answer these questions? Or are we relying on user speculation?)
After 33 years in computers I am a brand new Mac Air user. My question is what is the 45 WMagSafe 2 Power Adpt and where and how do u use it.
- Asked by Sandra L from Evansville
- Nov 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (After 33 years in computers I am a brand new Mac Air user. My question is what is the 45 WMagSafe 2 Power Adpt and where and how do u use it.)
Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?
- Asked by Bruce G from White Plains
- Feb 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a 60w MagSafe adapter with MacBook Air 11 inch mid-2012 (which comes with the 45w)? I understand the reverse compatibility is ok. True?)
I need an international power adaptor for 230v 50hz (England)
- Asked by Dale H from North Wildwood
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I need an international power adaptor for 230v 50hz (England))