Questions & Answers for Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic
27 Questions from the Community
they're not waterproof
- Answered by Nan Lynn Lynn K from Lyons
- Nov 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (are they waterproof)
How can I make my earphones work with my computer?
Out of no where I can only listen to the right earphone when using my computer, but when I plug them into my phone I can hear from both of them.. I already tried the ¨try to twist it when its plugged into the computer¨ trick but nothing seems to happen.
- Asked by Nathalie T from Panama
- Mar 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I make my earphones work with my computer?)
I believe your plugging them into your mic port. Plug them into your headphone port
- Answered by Michael H from Las Vegas
- May 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I make my earphones work with my computer?)
Standard 3.5mm audio jack.
- Answered by Maria B from Tucson
- Dec 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Audio jack size)
Can you buy replacement ear tips for apple head phones
I have the headphones with the three sizes of ear buds and I lost one of the large size, can you get replacement ones or do you have to buy another whole set.
- Asked by Irene S from Kelowna
- May 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you buy replacement ear tips for apple head phones)
No, you can't yet, which is really bad PR from my point of view since they are not cheap! I have them and they are really good, may be the best i ever had in terms of sound quality and comfortability, but i seriously can't believe that MAC will not be aware that the rubber that goes on it needs replacement every several months. The fact that they are not available is really revealing of their intention to make you buy new ones.
As they changed the plug for the Iphone a few years ago when they didn't needed it, now they are coming out with a product that you can't fix. At least up to today!
- Answered by Lucas B from Los Angeles
- Aug 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you buy replacement ear tips for apple head phones)
Regarding you question " Can I use this product as an external mic for recording into iPad 2?" I have an answer for you. The iPad will detect the noise you are making through the microphone, however, if you are just recording talking or singing, if you don't want to spend the money, you can use the iPad's internal microphone. If you are using you iPad for talking like a phone with an app (Such as TextFree or Talkatone) you will want these headhone with a microphone. If you have any further questions regarding this product, please let us know.
- Answered by Matthew B from Pittsburgh
- Oct 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does mic work on iPad?)
can I mute the mic of this in-ear headphones?
The mic is too sensitive and I can hear noise around while listening music. Can I mute it when I don't need it?
- Asked by Jeongnim K
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I mute the mic of this in-ear headphones?)
Hi, I doubt your troubles are because of the microphone, it might seem that way (touching the mike will make audible noise in your ears).
I can assure you the microphone actually IS shut down when no app is using it: e.g. you're not in a phone call, no app is recording stuff, not talking to Siri, etc.
What you're most probably experiencing is the so-called "microphonics" or "microphoning effect". In short, it means that mechanical vibrations on the headphone cable are transmitted along it into your ear. It's similar to banging on pipes and how that sound travels along. The rubbery ends between the headphones and the cable are there for the purpose of muffling these noises, though apparently they don't muffle it enough.
The key to reducing this kind of noise is in reducing the length of cable that is exposed to mechanical vibrations and could transmit that sound into your ear. One way of doing this is using a clip to attach the cord to e.g. your shirt. The closer the clip will be to the head the better. The recommended way though is to wear the earphones over-the-ear, that way the outer ear will absorb most of the noise.
Also this way you could find a more comfortable angle for the headphones to enter the ear. In my case I was able to insert them much deeper that way which also improves bass transfer and further improves noise insulation.
- Answered by Radu C from London
- May 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I mute the mic of this in-ear headphones?)
I have managed to loose a mesh cap. Can you buy replacements?
- Asked by Margaret T from Newman
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have managed to loose a mesh cap. Can you buy replacements?)
You should have been provided with two taped to the back of the manual.
If you have since thrown away the packaging, you can't buy another set separately, in the same way you can't buy the rubber inserts separately.
- Answered by Nicholas R
- Nov 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have managed to loose a mesh cap. Can you buy replacements?)
Using apple earphones are better with apple products as their fitting in the device is more secure and snug fit as if you used something else. If you are going to buy Apple earphones it depends whether your more comfortable with the earpods or in ear headphones. In my opinion buy one of the Apple ones.
- Answered by Shiva K from Hayward
- May 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Which are the best earphones to use with an iPad Mini?)
Probably. As long as whatever you're watching movies with has a 3.5mm jack, you should be fine.
- Answered by Allan B from Murfreesboro
- Mar 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use my the earbuds that came with the iPhone 5 to watch movies on an airplane)
Short answer: Yes. I travel a lot and I actually swear by these headphones for flying. As soon as you put them in, it's like wearing earplugs. They cut out most of the sound around you, including all the white noise that you'll quickly realize is actually quite loud on a a plane. As a result, when you watch movies with them, you don't need to turn up the volume nearly as high and you can hear much more of the detail in the soundtrack. Not only does this improve your movie watching experience, it reduces the amount of fatigue you'd normally experience from being exposed to loud noise for the duration of the flight. I put them in from the moment I sit down, even if they're not plugged into anything and don't take them off until the plane lands. Just remember to turn the volume down first if you ever plug them into an inflight entertainment system, because it's almost always set way too loud by the person before you who didn't have these. As a bonus, on long flights, I also find them small and comfortable enough to sleep in. Just be a bit mindful when you have them out of the case and out of your ears. The tips can fall off and then be difficult to find if they roll under someone's seat. It's happened to me about three times in about four years of flying with these, but it's a pain when it does.
- Answered by Catherine N from Mill Valley
- Jun 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will in ear headphones improve clarity of movies on ipad, especially in flight?)
When using with the iPhone 5 (or other iPhone) does the mic noise cancellation still work for the audio sent to the person I'm calling?
I have sound isolating earbuds meant for the iPhone from RHA and every time I put them in my friends on the other end of the call tell me the noise level goes up. I can hear better with these ear buds, but the built in noise cancellation with the iPhone 5 no longer works.
Do these ear buds from Apple work with the built-in noise cancellation? Not for the audio I will hear, but for the audio from my voice picked up on the earbud mic that will be sent to my friends.
- Asked by Jason Z from Greer
- Jan 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (When using with the iPhone 5 (or other iPhone) does the mic noise cancellation still work for the audio sent to the person I'm calling?)
I guess the mic is not noise cancelling (isolating) but the best solution for you is to put the mic closer to your mouth and and cover the other180 degrees
- Answered by Daniel H from Brisbane
- Mar 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When using with the iPhone 5 (or other iPhone) does the mic noise cancellation still work for the audio sent to the person I'm calling?)
Is there a compatible extension cord for earphones like this?
I want to make sure I can use the built in mic and remote. My earphones work just fine with my laptop, but I recently got a Mac Pro and I usually keep it much farther away from where I'm sitting. I noticed the plug for the earphones has four metal segments rather than three on normal ones. I presume that extra contact point is what's used for the inputs from the microphone and remote.
- Asked by James H from Richardson
- Feb 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a compatible extension cord for earphones like this?)
No ,sound may work but not remote or mic
- Answered by Daniel H from Brisbane
- Mar 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are these headphones compatible with Ipod shuffle 3rd generation?)
Free one year warranty with purchase
- Answered by Claire H from Santa Cruz
- May 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What about the warranty?)
can I use the headphones from my Apple iPhone 3GS in my iPad 3rd Generation?
- Asked by Victoria M from San Marcos
- Apr 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the headphones from my Apple iPhone 3GS in my iPad 3rd Generation?)
Yes , all apple earphones are compatible with any apple device as well as third party devices.
- Answered by Shiva K from Hayward
- May 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use the headphones from my Apple iPhone 3GS in my iPad 3rd Generation?)
Can you exchange the in box headphones to these ear-buds?
(In-box headphones wont fit in ear)
- Asked by Humberto J from Cordova
- Sep 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you exchange the in box headphones to these ear-buds?)
- Answered by Marco C from Milano
- Sep 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it waterproof?)
The remote is that portion of plastic, where is the mic, and it has 3 buttons :
1. Volume Up button
2. Center button (Play/Pause/Answer call/End call and more, depending in which application you use)
3. Volume Down button
- Answered by Cosmin T
- Dec 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is remote in head phones,how we can use this)
Can you listen to music with these?
Can they only play english music?
- Asked by Marty V
- Jul 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you listen to music with these?)
That's a weird question! But of cores you can play the music you want!
- Answered by Just G
- Jul 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you listen to music with these?)
what does "with remote" mean?
- Asked by Gregory C from Hopkinsville
- Aug 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what does "with remote" mean?)
The control capsule (remote) means that the earphones have a controllable volume up and down as well as pause and play. This is better then having to unlock the phone instead you click the control capsule to perform the task. If you long press the middle of the control capsule it will launch Siri.
- Answered by Blake C from Newcastle
- Sep 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what does "with remote" mean?)