An active cellular data network connection is required to access voicemail; you cannot access voicemail over Wi-Fi.
- Turn off Wi-Fi. To turn off Wi-Fi, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Check the top left corner of iPhone's display to make sure you have a strong signal.
- Make sure Airplane Mode is turned off. To turn off Airplane Mode, tap Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Test your cellular data network connection by using Safari to open a web page.
If you do not have an active signal, get help from this troubleshooting assistant before proceeding to the next step.
In order to receive Visual Voicemail messages, you must first set up voicemail on your iPhone. When you tap Phone > Voicemail, follow the on-screen prompts to set up Visual Voicemail. If iPhone dials your voicemail instead, listen to the prompts to set up voicemail.
If you are unable to set up Visual Voicemail, contact your carrier to verify that your carrier offers this feature. If your carrier offers Visual Voicemail but you can't complete the setup, contact your carrier to verify that voicemail has been configured properly.
If you have set up Visual Voicemail but are unable to access it, contact standard voicemail by dialing your phone number from your iPhone. If you are unable to access standard voicemail, contact your carrier to verify voicemail has been configured properly.
If iPhone displays "Password Incorrect" when accessing voicemail, contact your carrier.AT&T customers:
- If iPhone continues to prompt for a password, tap the ? icon for additional instructions.
- Follow the instructions in this AT&T article.
- For additional voicemail assistance, call the AT&T automated customer service at 611, or customer service by dialing 1-800-901-9878.
- For voicemail assistance, call the Verizon automated customer service at *611, or customer service by dialing 1-800-922-0204.
Reset network settings
To reset your network settings, tap Settings > General, then scroll down and tap Reset > Reset Network Settings.