Join a network
Join the network
Verify Wi-Fi is enabled and that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Tap Settings > Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi is off, turn it on by tapping the on/off icon.
Available Wi-Fi networks appears under "Choose a Network..."
Locate and tap the Wi-Fi network you want to join.
Some Wi-Fi networks require a password to join. Password-protected Wi-Fi networks are indicated by the padlock icon . If you receive an error while joining a password-protected Wi-Fi network:
- Type slowly to verify you are entering the correct password.
- If you cannot tap Join, the password is too short for that Wi-Fi network.
- If you don't know the password, check with the Wi-Fi network administrator.
Check the Wi-Fi signal strength in the status bar or Wi-Fi menu. The more bars the stronger the signal .If you only have a single bar or you still cannot locate your Wi-Fi network:
- Move closer to the Wi-Fi access point or router.
- Avoid potential sources of interference that can affect a Wi-Fi signal, such as concrete walls and microwave ovens.
Next, check your connection by using Safari to open a web page.
When using some public Wi-Fi networks, Safari may display a web page that allows you to sign in to use the service. Check this web page for additional information on signing into or subscribing to the Wi-Fi network service at that location.
Check the Wi-Fi network
If you have a strong Wi-Fi signal, but still can't access the Internet, verify the Wi-Fi network you are using.
- Ensure you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network, and not another nearby Wi-Fi network.
- Check the cable connection to your Wi-Fi access point or router.
- If you can't identify your Wi-Fi network due to other networks with similar names nearby, contact the ISP or manufacturer for assistance in naming your Wi-Fi network.
Reset network settings
To reset your network settings, tap Settings > General, then scroll down and tap Reset > Reset Network Settings.
When the device restarts, try to locate and join the Wi-Fi network again.