How does this updated case fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version?
I was wondering how this case is made to fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version, which is significantly thinner and smaller in dimensions. Apart from the fact it has an adjustable strap, what will stop it from moving around, say from side to side, when the case is closed? Clearly it must have extra room to accomodate the chunkier regular MacBook, so I don't see how this case can properly *fit* the Retina version and give glove-like security.
- Asked by Reuben H from Salisbury
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this updated case fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version?)
5 Answers from the Community
I did buy the Thule 13'' Gauntlet 2.0 Thule for my 13'' Mac Book Pro w Retina based on the comment made by Dawson W from Phoenix (looking at his various comments it seems he is woring for Thule. I have just returned it.
The Mac Book Pro does NOT fit. It is loose and moving around (especially vertically). Watch out for something else!
- Answered by Christina G from Zürich
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Fits a Retina very poorly
- Answered by Andrew F from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can someone please be specific and honest regarding this case.?
I really need something like this for my Macbook Pro Retina 15", but obv don't want to get it, if the fit is poor.
If it isn't any good, what else is there.?
- Answered by Chris B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It doesn't fit the 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13". I tried it at Best Buy. Too big.
There is a new Thule Gauntlet 3.0 sleeve for this MBP that doesn't seem to be available yet. Apple should consider carrying this one. I would wait for the 3.0
- Answered by Linda C from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The Thule Gauntlet sleeve was designed with contouring in the case that gives a beveled edge and does a good job of holding down the slightly smaller Retina version when the elastic strap is secured. The Retina version is .43" shorter on the longest side (or .215" on each end of the case) and .32" shorter in depth (or .16" on the front and back). So while the Retina version has a slightly smaller overall diameter this case does a good job of holding both versions securely in place.
- Answered by Dawson W from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Is this case designed for the "late 2013" version of the Macbook pro retina? How fit is it?
- Asked by Chunxiang W from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this case designed for the "late 2013" version of the Macbook pro retina? How fit is it?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for 15-inch…
Will the 13" macbook pro with retina fit with a speck case on it?
- Asked by Christopher F from Upland
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 13" macbook pro with retina fit with a speck case on it?)
- Asked about: Cocoon 15" Graphite Sleeve for MacB…