Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
With pristine digital sound JAM is a premium digital device featuring PureDIGITAL technology that delivers your guitar's true tone to your iPad, iPhone and Mac without compromise. JAM is the first high-quality interface that makes a digital connection to both iOS devices and Mac.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimised for the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
Apogee Electronics—Setting the standard since 1985
For over 25 years, Apogee Electronics has been a leader in professional digital audio. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings.
- Upgraded sound quality with punchy, clean-amp tone
- Designed for electric guitar bass and acoustic guitar works with pickup
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Lightning, 30-pin and Mac USB cables included
- With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Made for GarageBand, Logic Pro and Mac
- Compatible with all popular guitar and music recording apps on iOS and Mac
- Low-noise digital connection with studio-quality preamp
- Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends ForBeginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording, or just jamming on both iPad and Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee Jam Digital Guitar Interface
- Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
- USB cable for connection to Mac (1 m/3.3 ft.)
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: USB
- Cable Length: Lightning cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (iOS device connections); 30-pin cable: 0.5 m/1.6 ft. (iOS device connections); USB cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (Mac connection)
- Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
- Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
- Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
- 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
- USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning (for iOS devices)
- GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application
- Mfr. Part Number: JAM96K
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301143
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty: One year
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
I bought this promising 80-pound worth device yesterday and I am taking it back to the shop straight away.
I have been looking I bought this promising 80-pound worth device yesterday and I am taking it back to the shop straight away.
I have been looking for the best quality undelayed sound for recording multitracks for my home recording and I must admit the device does not meet any of the above expectations.. The sound is a) digitalised and b) delayed which does not allow timely recording (it resembles the delay of a pitch-shifter or a poor quality equivalent of a whammy bar).
I thought it would be useful for some people like myself to know about this so it would save you a hassle of taking it back to the shop.
I would not recommend it to experienced instrument players.
- Written by Pawel C from Norwich
100 of 140 people found this useful
Easy to use & works well with iPad 2
Got this as a Xmas present. Was using a Vox Amplug before getting this. The Apogee sounds really good (better than the Vox). Works Got this as a Xmas present. Was using a Vox Amplug before getting this. The Apogee sounds really good (better than the Vox). Works very well with Garage Band too. When I tried using it with Ampkit & iReal b apps, It took me a little while experimenting from with the Ampkit app to get the volume up to where I wanted it as at first when the playalong in iReal b started, it drowned my guitar out. It sounds great now - and have plenty of adjustment for volume in reserve. Also, no hissing/interferance due to it using the dock connecter for connection. Only experienced latency once when I got my amp settings wrong - something to bear in mind if you have a problem with this.
No batteries required
Easy to use, the light on the jam tells you what its status is
No interference/extra noise as headphone socket is not utilised by the Apogee
It is very light-makes it feel a little bit 'cheap'- (although it doesn't feel like it would break easily)
Can't charge ipad when using as dock connector port is used by Apogee
Bit more pricey than some of the competition (although no batteries required helps)
In short, the pros far out weigh the cons (for me)-I am really pleased with it. …
- Written by Ami B from IPSWICH
41 of 44 people found this useful
Ipad 2 Excellent. Mac varies...
I have toyed with buying this product for months (since launch) but have always been put off by the lack of reviews and stories of I have toyed with buying this product for months (since launch) but have always been put off by the lack of reviews and stories of faulty units. However, I have recently had to move away and was unable to bring my amp so took the plunge with the Jam.
On the Ipad 2 I think that it is faultless. Great tone, easy to set up and absolute minimal latency/delay to the point that it is unnoticeable. Works with Garageband and Ampkit seamlessly. Only improvement would be if Garageband had a few more pedals (ie. Octave pedal).
On Macbook it's still pretty good. Links up easily although the delay varies. Once minute it is perfect and other times very noticeable. This I found is corrected though by pressing play and then stopping. Have no got it to work with GuitarRig but Garageband is excellent. Again no Octave pedal but a good array of amps and other pedals.
If buying for Ipad 2 only, it is excellent. However if you want to use it with a Mac, performance can vary although at £80, it is still the best option out there. …
- Written by Robert H from Bristol
44 of 51 people found this useful
For the price you'd expect to get a quality product, and the Jam is no exception. The sound quality is pristine, the device is ver For the price you'd expect to get a quality product, and the Jam is no exception. The sound quality is pristine, the device is very well built and it's versatile as well (works with Macs and iPhones/iPads). I also like the fact that it uses a cable to connect. The only downside I've stumbled upon is that the Jam is a bit too light, but that's not really a huge problem since it comes with a bit of velcro. I've used the Apogee Jam with an iPhone 4s and a mid-2009 MacBook Pro, and I haven't had any latency or noise issues whatsoever. …
- Written by Timi T from Helsinki
12 of 12 people found this useful
Brilliant Apogee Jam
I bought the Apogee JAM to be able to plug my Fender Stratocaster in and use Garage Band. It is absolutely fabulous and well worth I bought the Apogee JAM to be able to plug my Fender Stratocaster in and use Garage Band. It is absolutely fabulous and well worth the money. There is no latency experience in my set-up. I use it with my iMAC, my iPhone 5, and my iPAD with Retina Display (classed as the New iPad). Contrary to other reviews, it also works perfectly with the free iRig Apps on both my iPad and iPhone. I could not have made a better purchase without upgrading to a more expensive professional set-up. …
- Written by DAVID N from Preston
17 of 18 people found this useful
Works great on Mac too
I'm using this with Garageband and Logic Pro on an iMac. Works very well indeed, no delay on my system. I'm using this with vari I'm using this with Garageband and Logic Pro on an iMac. Works very well indeed, no delay on my system. I'm using this with various active bass guitars and the quality is excellent. I'm tracking basslines into multitrack recordings and them sending them off for mixdowns, so even if my ability was poor enough to not notice a delay, others would! I haven't tried it on my iPad yet, but just wanted to make sure that with GB/Logic on a Core i7 iMac, it's working very well indeed. …
- Written by Michael A from London
24 of 25 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I plug apogy jam into a guitar amp for live gigging?
- Asked by David W
Yes - Absolutely. I preform on a regular basis using this as a tool. In fact I am doing it right now Yes - Absolutely. I preform on a regular basis using this as a tool. In fact I am doing it right now. You can plug your guitar into the 1/4" on the jam and then plug the 'jam' into your iPad/MacBook. Use aplitube or GarageBand etc... You then need to use a 3.5 mm audio cable that is male on both ends to connect the headphones jack on the iPad/MacBook to your amp. You will need a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter to plug the cable into you amp, just make sure you get a mono adapter - most of the ones you will find at audio stores are all stereo - your amp and most mixing boards for live shows will be mono and if you are using other apps in the background on your iPad it will only pick up one half of the stereo sound. You can 100% use this for live shows, I do it all the time. I also use MainStage, an app for my MacBoook Pro which allows even more in depth pedal settings for live concerts. I specifically bought this to do live shows - It is fantastic! I have never even tried recording with it :) …
- Answered by Matthew C from Montreal
Is there a risk of damaging my built in sound card or my speakers on my macbook pro when I use this product?
- Asked by Leo S from Pooler
Your sound card should be fine. As to the speakers just monitor the sound level and you should be fi Your sound card should be fine. As to the speakers just monitor the sound level and you should be fine. After a certain level of volume distortion takes place and could damage the speakers just like in the home or car. I personally prefer headphones because you can really hear what's going on...plus it takes stress off of your comp speakers.
Another thing to consider would be some external computer speakers or even some decent studio monitor speakers designed specifically for home recording. I record music into my mac and never use the built in speakers because they can't handle all of the mhz ranges. Hope this helps! …
- Answered by Angelo K from Austin
Will this work with Pocket Amp for IPad?
- Asked by Charles C from Atlanta
Yes, JAM works with all Core Audio compliant iOS Music Apps.
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
will it work with my 10.6.8 Version MacBook Air?
- Asked by Rebecca W from Fircrest
Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works Although the details on the product page note 10.7.5 and above, JAM is a Core Audio device and works perfectly fine on 10.6.8! …
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
will this work with my macbook pro
- Asked by Chauna B from Shawano
Works beautifully with Macbook pro and Logic X, I would expect GB to be fine. Cables for USB, Light Works beautifully with Macbook pro and Logic X, I would expect GB to be fine. Cables for USB, Lightening and even 3GS are included. …
- Answered by David M from Kirkland