Studio quality anywhere
About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand.
Three products in one small package
MiC integrates a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Each part of MiC is designed to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for artists desiring that big-studio microphone sound. The latest MiC delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It's optimised for the newest iOS devices, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
- PureDIGITAL connection delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed for vocal, spoken word and acoustic instrument recording
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Lightning and Mac USB cables included
- Easy to use, no setup required
- Gain knob and level indicator make setting level easy
- Made for GarageBand and Logic Pro
- Low-noise digital connection with high-gain, studio-quality preamp
- Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?Three products in one, MiC combines a microphone, a mic preamp and a digital converter – everything you need to record.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants a high-quality condenser microphone with incredible sound and total portability for recording on iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee MiC digital microphone
- Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
- 30-pin cable for connection to iOS devices (0.5 m/1.6 ft.)
- QuickStart guide
- Desktop tripod
- Microphone stand adaptor
- QuickStart guide
- USB Cable for Connection for Mac (1m/ 3.3ft)
- Height: 11.58 cm/4.56 in.
- Width: 3.86 cm/1.52 in.
- Weight: 181.4 g/6.4 oz.
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later or iOS 6.1 or later
- 1.5 GHz or faster Intel processor
- 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
- For Mac: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application. For iOS: Made for GarageBand on iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Works with other Core Audio compatible apps.
- Mfr. Part Number: MiC 96k-LO
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301235
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is this compatible with the iPhone 5 using an Apple 30-pin adapter? If so, is there any degradation in the quality?
- Asked by Daniel R from Anchorage
I do video announcements for our business. I use a 6 plus. How far can I be away from the mic for it to still pick up vocals?
- Asked by Berean A from Pleasant Hill
Not more than10 ft
- Answered by Michelle L
Is a longer cable available?
- Asked by Alan R from Merrill
Yes, Apogee offers longer cables. You can also utilize a USB extension when recording to a Mac.
- Answered by Rob C from Santa Monica
does the mic work with iphone 5s and ipad mini?
- Asked by Chloe I
The latest version of MiC includes Lightning, 30-Pin and USB cables per the product description.
- Answered by Rob C from Nashville
will one mic record both voice and guitar
- Asked by Brenda S from Evansville
Yes, The MiC will pick up both vocals and guitar. There are many factors that come into play as to h Yes, The MiC will pick up both vocals and guitar. There are many factors that come into play as to how well the recording will turn out to be but I would say the two main factors are MiC positioning and gain level. As long as you have the gain and the mic leveled at a good midpoint and considering the quality of the MiC it will be no problem for it to pick up both vocals and guitar. …
- Answered by Michael C from Culver City
does the apogee MiC connect to the Duet
- Asked by Tony R from Oak Harbor