LaCie’s Rugged Triple External Hard Drive now offers the lightning-fast speeds of USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, and full backward-compatibility with FireWire 400 and USB 2.0. It’s shock-proof design, universal compatibility and triple interface allowing for bus powered plug and play operation make it robust and easy to use. Whether the goal is super speed or complete compatibility, the Rugged Triple has everything users need.
- Triple interface, bus powered, plug and play
- Maximum speed up to 110 MB/s
- Shock-proof design
- Time Machine-compatible
- Easy cross platform formatting utility
- AES 256-bit encryption protection
Did you notice?The shock-resistant rubber bumper helps protect your data from knocks.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping your data safe wherever you travel, even in tough conditions.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Rugged Triple USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- FireWire 800 cable
- Quick install guide
- Software Suite: LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Firewire 800, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 28 mm/1.10 in.
- Width: 90 mm/3.54 in.
- Weight: 260 g
- Length: 145 mm/5.71 in.
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 600 MB free
- USB 3.0, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number: 301984
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053822026
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
Sleek, rugged, fast
I'd recommend this drive to anyone who travels frequently. It's well built and seems pretty secure to me. The data can be encrypte I'd recommend this drive to anyone who travels frequently. It's well built and seems pretty secure to me. The data can be encrypted. I use it for storing my work stuff and for backups, it works perfectly and is fast, too. I also use the optional cloud storage that came with the drive for file sharing and extra backup, it's very convenient. …
- Written by Maria M
26 of 28 people found this useful
Nice rugged design, great speed
I do a lot of video editing work both at home and in the studio. I just wanted a compact, sturdy drive to transfer video projects I do a lot of video editing work both at home and in the studio. I just wanted a compact, sturdy drive to transfer video projects from my workstation to my new iMac, but I found that this drive was fast enough to use as a production drive. So now I simply keep my video projects on this drive, connected via USB 3.0, and use it for all my video work. …
- Written by Ellie S
23 of 26 people found this useful
As a server admin, I need a range of software tools available at all times on my portable drive. This 1TB Rugged Drive is perfect As a server admin, I need a range of software tools available at all times on my portable drive. This 1TB Rugged Drive is perfect for my needs. It is able to hold the key information that I need to access within server rooms or on a client's computer to fix a wide range of problems. The drive works perfectly, and the transfer speeds are excellent.. …
- Written by Reese N
20 of 23 people found this useful
Not having to deal with a dedicated power supply was the first of a series of pleasant surprises I encountered while unboxing this Not having to deal with a dedicated power supply was the first of a series of pleasant surprises I encountered while unboxing this drive. As it turned out, I had some legacy Firewire hardware that works great with this unit, but when I'm traveling light, the USB cable does it for me without sacrificing speed. I really like this little orange-wrapped bundle! …
- Written by Dan M
2 of 3 people found this useful
So far rock solid
This portable drive really is versatile, handy and solid. I carry it with me in my laptop bag for work and use it when I need to b This portable drive really is versatile, handy and solid. I carry it with me in my laptop bag for work and use it when I need to backup or share files. It is very quiet while operational and very fast. …
- Written by Katie H
5 of 6 people found this useful
This is not the first LaCie drive I've had, but it is the first Rugged. I am very happy with it so far. It is solid and top qualit This is not the first LaCie drive I've had, but it is the first Rugged. I am very happy with it so far. It is solid and top quality. I also love that it is bus-powered, so I don't have to carry an additional power supply around. The USB 3 is very fast. …
- Written by Sasha D
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it make a lot of noise or is it relatively quiet for a non SSD?
- Asked by Dan R from Mechanicsville
Can you use this interchangeably between a mac and a pc?
- Asked by Jennifer N from Saint Johns
You just need to make sure you format the drive into a PC/Mac compatible format. If you are transfer You just need to make sure you format the drive into a PC/Mac compatible format. If you are transferring from a PC to a Mac, "MS-DOS/FAT32" will suffice. You can reformat through the Disk Utility application. …
- Answered by Matthew B from West Islip
Can I store video media to edit with FCP X?
- Asked by Matthew R from Knoxville
Yes you can, but I'd consider the Thunderbolt version of this drive, which is only around £30 more. Yes you can, but I'd consider the Thunderbolt version of this drive, which is only around £30 more. You'd get seamless video editing going using FCPX with the LaCie 1TB Thunderbolt drive. I have used this as my set up for editing weddings in the past. …
- Answered by Craig M
is there a data recovery policy?
- Asked by Katherine P from Apache Junction
If you mean will Lacie insure, recover or otherwise do anything about your data on the drive if it f If you mean will Lacie insure, recover or otherwise do anything about your data on the drive if it fails then, no. …
- Answered by Wolf M from Grafton
can it be used back and forth between a Mac and pc without reformatting?
- Asked by Irina Rebeca R from Fremont
Yes as long as the drive is originally formatted for cross-compatibility (NTSF)
- Answered by Chase B from Whitestown