LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drives are designed especially for Mac computers, and features a stylish, sophisticated aluminium finish that matches your new Mac.
- Built for Speed up to 100MB/s
- Solid Aluminium Casing
- Designed for Mac
Did you notice?The USB 3.0 interface provides transfer speeds of up to 5Gb/s.
Apple Recommends ForSpeed and Mobility
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P'9223 Mobile Drive
- USB3.0 cable (compatible with USB2.0)
- Quick Install Guide
- Complete Software Suite (Preloaded): LaCie Private-Public, Backup Assistant, Eco Mode, Wuala
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 15mm / 0.6in
- Width: 77mm / 3in
- Weight: 240g / 8.5oz.
- Length: 130mm / 5.1in
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- UPC or EAN No.: 3660619010097
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
I use this drive to store media files, and also to automatically backup my MacBook Pro. The USB 3 interface keeps things zipping a I use this drive to store media files, and also to automatically backup my MacBook Pro. The USB 3 interface keeps things zipping along and even after centralizing all of my music and video files and doing backups, I still have a lot of space left. Great product! …
- Written by Raphael S
30 of 31 people found this useful
This thing is great. No fuss, no muss. It just works, has a tough build, and looks good next to my MacBook.
- Written by Katelyn C
18 of 19 people found this useful
Great External Harddrive
I have both the 1tb and 2tb versions of this hard drive and they're brilliant. The back up assistant is simple to install and use I have both the 1tb and 2tb versions of this hard drive and they're brilliant. The back up assistant is simple to install and use allowing you to select exactly what you want to back up, something I find useful if I just want to back up lightroom for example.
You also have the choice of separating the drive when formatting so you can use it with both a windows pc & Mac if you need to.
USB 3 is sufficient for my needs. If you do a lot of video work then you want to get a thunderbolt drive.
All in all I would highly this drive. …
- Written by Stuart D from Peterborough
8 of 8 people found this useful
Failed Within 18 Months!
I don't mind paying a premium for a premium product that will give me good service but I resent paying through the nose for a piec I don't mind paying a premium for a premium product that will give me good service but I resent paying through the nose for a piece of design that lets me down less than 18 months after I bought it. I partitioned the disk and the back-up side of it has failed, taking all my back-ups with it - pretty useless really! As far as I'm concerned, 'handsome is as handsome does' - and this piece of junk certainly isn't going to win any beauty contests! …
- Written by Carol M from Silverstone
Excellent Backup & Storage Drive
Really well built feels solid and plenty of space for storage and backup of may macbook pro. First USB 3.0 drive I've had and it r Really well built feels solid and plenty of space for storage and backup of may macbook pro. First USB 3.0 drive I've had and it really flies at setting up a Time Machine backup of a 768 GB SSD. I formatted the drive entirely through disk utility as didn't see the need for the bloatware on the drive. …
- Written by Ian C from Clydebank
Facie Mobile hard drive
This product is useless and totally user unfriendly. It does not work from the box - it fights you all of the way. Why employ Po This product is useless and totally user unfriendly. It does not work from the box - it fights you all of the way. Why employ Porsche to design it? A child could draw a simple box like this. Performance more Model T than Porsche.
The port for the cable is badly placed. …
- Written by David M from DARLINGTON
0 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you see the data you have backed up.
- Asked by Steve W from Texarkana
No answers yet
how do I install my porsche external hard drive and make time machine recognize it?
- Asked by Bruce F from Newbury Park
Is it quiet? Silent?
- Asked by Iain H
I have the 500GB model and I have not heard it, thus I assume it's silent. The caveat: according to I have the 500GB model and I have not heard it, thus I assume it's silent. The caveat: according to my wife, I don't hear her so well (lol). If there is any sound, it's got to be minimal. I have never appreciated that it was performing back-ups other than by seeing the white light flickering. …
- Answered by Carl I from Pebble Beach
can i daisy chain the drive
- Asked by Jim F
No. USB drives cannot be daisy chained.
Instead, you use the other USB ports or a USB hub to add No. USB drives cannot be daisy chained.
Instead, you use the other USB ports or a USB hub to add additional devices. …
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
How can I tell if my Porsche LaCie hard drive is working?
- Asked by Gerald G from New York
There is a white indicator light on the front of the hard drive. It lights up when it's powered and There is a white indicator light on the front of the hard drive. It lights up when it's powered and connected to a device, and flashes when data is being accessed/written to the HD. …
- Answered by Joe B from Troy
what is the speed of the disk in rpm ? or is it SSD?
- Asked by Thomas P from Nyc
Took some searching but looks like it's 5400 rpm which makes sense in terms of price-point.
- Answered by Hakim S from San Franciscoi