The STM Dux case safeguards your iPad with a convenient magnetic closure and strong, reinforced corners to protect the device from unwitting drops. Designed with guidance from educators and IT professionals, it can withstand the rigours of a classroom or workplace. The clear polycarbonate back panel lets you slip in a picture for a custom look or provides easy asset tagging for schools and businesses.
- Protective polycarbonate and rubberised TPU bracket
- Clear back to customise your iPad with personal images, scan a tagging barcode or allow your pristine iPad to shine through
- Durable and water-resistant polyurethane cover to ward off occasional splashes or spills
- Magnetic closure makes it easy to fold into a comfortable typing or viewing position
- Instant on/off cover wakes and turns off iPad to save battery life
Did you notice?The magnetic closure makes the case easy to fold into a comfortable typing or viewing position.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your iPad from everyday bumps and occasional drops.
What's in the Box?
- STM Dux Case for iPad
- RewardTag sticker (Free item lost and found program)
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Portfolio
- Material: TPU
- Height: 20 cm/7.9 in.
- Width: 0.74 cm/0.29 in.
- Weight: 204 g
- Length: 13.5 cm/5.3 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: stm-222-066G-29
- UPC or EAN No.: 639266191162
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Sturdy, compact and secure - best out there!
I have an iPad mini 2 and needed a case that would offer total protection without adding too much weight and bulk. This case is fa I have an iPad mini 2 and needed a case that would offer total protection without adding too much weight and bulk. This case is fantastic! Reassuringly it takes effort to get it on and off, the front cover wraps completely around the back and is secured with a strong magnet and the edges - especially the corners are thick and shock proof (tested to 26 drops from 4 feet by the manufacturer). I love the clear back panel as my inscription is still visible and it means theres no way the case is going to fall off.
The case works really well as a stand to type against or when watching something. The magnet also helps here as well.
The only thing I feel is a little misleading is the primary blue colour advertised. It's not, it's much more of a duller blue. I wanted a case that looked cheerful rather than corporate so I wish I'd chosen the red option now instead. …
- Written by Christine L from Manchester
1 of 1 people found this useful
Cannot use with a screen saver
I thought I would upgrade my perfectly adequate ipad case to an STM Dux case for added safety for my iPad. It seems to offer a we I thought I would upgrade my perfectly adequate ipad case to an STM Dux case for added safety for my iPad. It seems to offer a well fitting, robust case. However, when fitting the new case, my screen saver completely peeled off as the case is so snug around the edge of the iPad that there is no space even for a thin film in the form of a screensaver. I've wasted a pack of savers trying to fit them under the Dux case but it's impossible - they will always be peeled off by the case. Such a pity that I have to choose between a better case (Dux) and no screen saver or an OK case with a screensaver. I may try the Apple shop and see if they can do it, as I bought it from Apple, or get a refund. …
- Written by Jacqui A from westbury
7 of 15 people found this useful
Firstly, this case is stunning. It's well made with an easy grip and nice curved edges.
Secondly my iPad mini now feels very we Firstly, this case is stunning. It's well made with an easy grip and nice curved edges.
Secondly my iPad mini now feels very well protected, far more than with the Apple case. With the case closed, i can't imagine the iPad getting damaged by being dropped. The tough, rubberised edges feel so solid.
Thirdly, the case is also very functional. Like the Apple case the iPad wakes and sleeps with the opening and closing of the case. The case also works very well as a stand.
For me though, the killer feature is the clear back. I can customise the case with stickers, badges etc so my iPad really stands out - when i want it to.
Really recommend this product ***** …
- Written by martin C from carlisle
19 of 19 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the STM DUX case for the iPad Mini a hard shell case?
- Asked by Linda G from Huntington
Hello - this is Adam from STM. Yes! It is a hard shell case with a clear polycarbonate back panel. Hello - this is Adam from STM. Yes! It is a hard shell case with a clear polycarbonate back panel. The edges and corners are a softer TPU (rubber like) material to protect the iPad if/when it is dropped or bumped. The front cover is rigid but folds into a stand for both viewing and typing.
Hope that helped! …
- Answered by Adam Z from Poway
Does the case come with a keyboard? If not will one work with it if purchased separately?if it will work, which keyboard would be best.
- Asked by Judy R from Lovell
Hi Judy. This is Adam from STM. Unfortunately, the Dux case does not come with a keyboard and does Hi Judy. This is Adam from STM. Unfortunately, the Dux case does not come with a keyboard and does not work with keyboards that attach directly to the iPad. A separate blue tooth keyboard should work fine. …
- Answered by Adam Z from Poway
will this case fit inside a sleeve case for iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Dennis W from Oak Park
Yes it does--it fits nicely in the Hershel zip top sleeve.
- Answered by Debra T from Pender
Is there a back cover for this case or is it just open
- Asked by Sashi S from Hicksville
There is absolutely a back cover - it is a clear poly carbonate shell that protects the back of the There is absolutely a back cover - it is a clear poly carbonate shell that protects the back of the iPad. …
- Answered by Adam Z from Poway