AppleCare+ for iPhone
AppleCare+ for iPhone
AppleCare+ for iPhone
AppleCare+ for iPhone is an insurance product that provides expert telephone technical support (1) and up to two years (2) of additional hardware coverage, including up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a £55 excess fee (3).
AppleCare+ benefits are separate from a consumer’s right to a free of charge repair or replacement, by the seller, of goods which do not conform with the contract of sale. Under English law, consumers have up to six years from the date of delivery to exercise their rights; however, various factors may impact your eligibility to receive these remedies. For more details, click here.
How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your bag during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
Buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
- At an Apple Retail Store (requires inspection of your iPhone and proof of purchase)
- By calling 0844 209 0611 or 0800 107 6285 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
One stop for expert technical support
Because Apple designs the iPhone, iOS and many applications, the iPhone is a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Express Replacement Service
- Local Apple hardware service when travelling within Europe
Additional Apple hardware coverage
With AppleCare+, you get repair or replacement coverage for your iPhone that includes up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a £55 excess fee and coverage against batteries that retain less than 80 per cent of their original capacity. Service coverage includes the following:
- Your iPhone
- Battery (3)
- Included USB cable and power adapter
Software support included
With AppleCare+ for iPhone, Apple experts can help troubleshoot issues with your iPhone, iOS, iCloud and Apple-branded iPhone apps (4):
- iOS and iCloud
- Wireless networks
- Apple-branded iPhone apps such as FaceTime, Mail, Safari and Calendar
For complete product details, please see the AppleCare+ Policy Summary, Terms and Conditions and Apple’s Terms of Business.
AppleCare+ is not available in Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
For more information, read frequently asked questions.
- (1) Local telephone charges may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
- (2) Your AppleCare+ Hardware Coverage starts from the date you purchase AppleCare+. This means that if you purchase AppleCare+ up to 60 days after you purchase your iPhone, you will only receive AppleCare+ Hardware Coverage from that date. Your Technical Support coverage starts on expiry of your 90 days of complimentary technical support cover provided by Apple, which starts on the date you purchase your iPhone. Both types of cover end 24 months from the date you purchased your iPhone.
- (3) Coverage is available only for the iPhone and its original included accessories for protection against (i) batteries that retain less than 80 per cent of their original capacity, and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage, each incident being subject to a £55 excess fee. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms at www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus for full details.
- (4) Technical Support Coverage gives access to technical advice for which a customer would otherwise be charged a fee.
- AppleCare+ benefits are separate from rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here. Purchase of AppleCare+ is not required to purchase the iPhone.
- AppleCare+ is sold, distributed and administered by Apple Distribution International, whose registered office is at Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Republic of Ireland. Apple Distribution International is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. For further information, please see registers.centralbank.ie.
- The Insurance is underwritten by AIG Europe Limited, having its registered office at The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4AB, United Kingdom. AIG Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (FRN number: 202628). You can check this information by visiting the FS Register.