AppleCare+ for iPod touch
AppleCare+ for iPod touch
AppleCare+ for iPod touch is an insurance product that provides expert telephone technical support (1) and up to two years (2) of additional hardware coverage, including up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a £25 excess fee (3).
AppleCare+ benefits are separate from a consumer’s right to a free-of-charge repair or replacement, by the seller, of goods that do not conform with the contract of sale. Under English law, consumers have up to six years from the date of delivery to exercise their rights; however, various factors may impact your eligibility to receive these remedies. For more details, click here.
How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping basket during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPod.
Buy it within 60 days of your iPod purchase. Your iPod purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
- At an Apple Retail Store (requires inspection of your iPod and proof of purchase)
- By calling (44) 0844 209 0611 or (44) 0800 107 6285 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)
One stop for expert technical support
Because Apple designs the iPod and iTunes, the iPod is a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Local Apple hardware service when travelling around the world (4)
- Use with a Mac or PC
Additional Apple hardware coverage
With AppleCare+, you get repair or replacement coverage for your iPod that includes up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a £25 excess fee, and coverage against batteries that retain less than 80 per cent of their original capacity. Coverage includes the following:
- Your iPod
- Battery (3)
- Included USB cable and earphones
Software support included
With AppleCare+ for iPod, Apple experts can help troubleshoot issues with your iPod, iOS, iCloud and Apple-branded iPod apps (5):
- Using iOS and iCloud with iPod touch
- Synching with iTunes
- Connecting iPod touch to wireless networks
- Apple-branded iPod touch apps such as FaceTime, Camera and Mail
For complete product details, please see the AppleCare+ Policy Summary, Terms and Conditions and Apple’s Terms of Business.
AppleCare+ is not available in Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
For more information, read frequently asked questions.
- (1) Local telephone charges may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
- (2) Your AppleCare+ Hardware Coverage starts from the date you purchase AppleCare+. This means that if you purchase AppleCare+ up to 60 days after you purchase your iPod, you will only receive AppleCare+ Hardware Coverage from that date. Your Technical Support coverage starts on expiry of your one year of complimentary technical support cover provided by Apple, which starts on the date you purchase your iPod. Both types of cover end 24 months from the date you purchased your iPod.
- (3) Coverage is available only for the iPod and its original included accessories for protection against (i) batteries that retain less than 80 per cent of their original capacity, and (ii) up to two incidents of accidental damage, each incident being subject to a £25 excess fee. Replacement equipment that Apple provides as part of the repair or replacement service may be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. See terms at http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus.html for full details.
- (4) Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorised Service Provider. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
- (5) Technical Support Coverage gives access to technical advice for which a customer would otherwise be charged a fee.
- Purchase of AppleCare+ is not required to purchase the iPod.
- AppleCare+ is sold, distributed and administered by Apple Distribution International, whose registered office is at Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Republic of Ireland. Apple Distribution International is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. For further information, please see registers.centralbank.ie.
- The Insurance is underwritten by AIG Europe Limited, having its registered office at The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 4AB, United Kingdom. AIG Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (FRN number: 202628). You can check this information by visiting the FS Register.