Has anyone noticed problems using Apple TV with repeater?
I recently purchased a TP-LINK wifi extender because our bedroom is way down the hall from our router. It works marvelously with our iPads, but if I try to watch video on my Apple TV I get 90-120 seconds and then the network connection drops. If I unplug the extender, everything goes back to happy-land in about 15 seconds.
Any suggestions, success stories or pity?
By the way, the router is running at 802.11n rates, although the TP-LINK is capable of 802.11ac.
- Asked by Thomas H from West Linn
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone noticed problems using Apple TV with repeater?)
1 Answer from the Community
I use my Apple TV with an Airport Express and it works great. Before I got the Airport Express I had tried to use other repeaters but they did not work well. Problems were many and often. After I got an Airport Extreme as my main router and then the Airport Express as the repeater to boost the signal, all problems vanished. Keep it in the family, it works.
- Answered by Allen S from Pineville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do i stream from my iPad to my television using apple tv
- Asked by Babafemi S from Ancaster
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i stream from my iPad to my television using apple tv)