ipad mini to ethernet
Can I attach my iPad mini to an ether net cable. Don't have a lot of access to wi-fi, but yes to ethernet connections. Will this Micro adapter allow me to then plug in my USB ethernet adaptor that I have for my mac and then access internet on mini.
- Asked by K A from Sale
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad mini to ethernet)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
3 Answers from the Community
If your Mac has a wired ethernet connection to the Internet you could share that over a peer to peer WiFi connection with your iPad mini.Click on the WiFi icon in the bar at the top right of the screen on your mac then choose Create Network.
- Answered by Timothy D from Leicester
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The lightning connector does not support an ethernet connection. Besides that, your ethernet adapter most likely is a full sized USB device where this is a micro USB connector. They are not the same.
- Answered by Joshua R from Brownton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Or you could also just buy an Apple Airport Express. Plug it in to your Ethernet and boom - you have WiFi. Refurbished older generations go for about $69 and the latest new ones for $99.
- Answered by Randy R from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
What cable connects iPad to iPad mini
- Asked by Nancy W from Niceville
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable connects iPad to iPad mini)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1m)
Will the EarPods work with iPad mini 2
- Asked by John Lester A from Sta. Cruz
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the EarPods work with iPad mini 2)
- Asked about: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic