How's the cable durability ? , can you easly replace it if broken ?
- Asked by Alan P from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (How's the cable durability ? , can you easly replace it if broken ?)
2 Answers from the Community
The cable durability is actually incredible. Out of curiosity, I took a cable and attempted to quickly 'snap' it to no avail. I was surprised, and wrapped the cable around 2 fingers on each hand and pulled away from each other.
This left me with bruises on my fingers, and a slightly stretched, (functional) cable. I had to place the cable in a vise grip, and wrap it around a pole & pull with a force much stronger than would ever be experienced by the cable in normal conditions to finally separate it.
It is worth saying that the two individual cables which connect the 'control pad' to the headphone cups are notably weaker, but still quite resilient.
SOL does not currently sell replacement cables, but if you damage the current cable you can submit a warranty claim with a receipt and they will put it through their warranty process and send out a new one as a first-time exception.
- Answered by Marianne L from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
SOL REPUBLIC do actually sell replacement cables, if you go to their shop online. Also they sell replacement headbands in case you melt yours. (they are genuinely impossibly flexible!)
- Answered by Robert A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this come with the cable that came with the iPad 2 when it was purchased?
- Asked by Dana M from Cascade
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this come with the cable that came with the iPad 2 when it was purchased?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Is this the right power cable for a three year old MacBook white?
- Asked by Lindsay R from Forest Row
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the right power cable for a three year old MacBook white?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…