What is battery cycling?
- Asked by Seleena K from Manila
- Flag as inappropriate (What is battery cycling?)
2 Answers from the Community
To calibrate the battery:
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter and fully charge the MacBook or MacBook Pro battery until the light on the MagSafe connector changes to green and the Battery icon in the menu bar indicates that the battery is fully charged.
Allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for two hours or longer. You may use your computer during this time as long as the power adapter is plugged in.
Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery’s charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.
Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery’s charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.
Turn off the computer or allow it to sleep for five hours or longer.
Reconnect thepower adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged. You may use your computer during this time.
- Answered by Kevin B from Greeley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Basically, power cycling is simply taking your device (MacBook Pro) and charge it to 100%.
• Once the computer's battery is fully charged, disconnect it. Leave it disconnected until the computer gives you a low life warning (I may be wrong here. The first time you do this you should let it enter sleep after the low battery warning. So, maybe when you do it you should follow this procedure.), then reconnect it.
I've had two batteries fail on my due to leaving them plugged in all the time whenever I was home. power cycling, or simply using it without the plug, leads to actually having a battery when I need it! I've been treating this new battery like it's a cell phone; plug it in to recharge only as necessary.
- Answered by Roger R from Lindenhurst
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the proper care for recharging the keyboard? Can you leave it plugged in or is it better to let the battery cycle down?
- Asked by Dawn D from Lake Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the proper care for recharging the keyboard? Can you leave it plugged in or is it better to let the battery cycle down?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - British English
How long is the battery expected to last, both on a single full charge, and how many charge cycles (i.e. years of average use)?
- Asked by Daniel B from Easton
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the battery expected to last, both on a single full charge, and how many charge cycles (i.e. years of average use)?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2