what max resolution it supports? is it just up to 1080p?
3 Answers from the Community
The adaptor supports Single-Link DVI-D. It can support any resolution but only with a maximum pixel clock of 165 MHz. Examples: 1920x1080 at 71 Hz or 2560x1600 at 37 Hz.
The Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter can output twice as many pixels at the same speed to displays that have a Dual-Link DVI connector.
- Answered by Joe V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just bought this today to hook up to my Dell U2913WM ultra-wide 21:9 monitor (2560x1080). Unfortunately this adapter only supports 1920x1080 (16:9). I do not know if it supports 2560x1440 (16:9) as my monitor does not support that resolution. Also same goes for the VGA adapter.
- Answered by Nick A from Floral Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I may not give you the right answer, but all I get from this adapter to my 27" dell monitor is 1080p.
It is very disappointing!
- Answered by Amir H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Why is the resolution of the HDMI port on this limited to 1080p?
- Asked by Oliver Z from Berkeley
- Flag as inappropriate (Why is the resolution of the HDMI port on this limited to 1080p?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
what resolution is this camera
- Asked by Rafael C from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (what resolution is this camera)
- Asked about: HISY Bluetooth Camera Remote
what is the resolution (720 or 1080p) when I stream movie that I bought from itunes?
- Asked by Rommel D from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the resolution (720 or 1080p) when I stream movie that I bought from itunes?)
- Asked about: Apple TV