how do you connect the iPad to a TV to watch movies?
I want to be able to watch tv and movies on the iPad but also be able to play them on my TV as well. I see a lot of things I can't do with this connector. Is there a way to do this with something else?
- Asked by Raymond C from Weston
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect the iPad to a TV to watch movies?)
6 Answers from the Community
You can do it three ways...
1. S-Video/Composite cable from apple
2. VGA Cable from Apple
3. Wireless to Apple TV
- Answered by Tripp Y from Bluffton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On a samsung TV and smart DVD
- Answered by Gordon W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have a different connector the one with the yellow red and white cable and the other side connects to the ipad
- Answered by Lisa M from Loris
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You could use the Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter with a VGA to HDMI cord, along with a line out for audio. I use a Mini Display port to VGA with that cable (on my MBP) and it looks great.
- Answered by Nick H from Saint Louis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I use my Apple TV and broadcast the movie using the new settings on the iPhone. No need for any cables. But if you want, you can buy the HDMI adapter.
- Answered by Ian L from Apple Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
You can actually do watch movies from your iPad on your tv !
Either download them from iTunes or if you have the dropbox folder installed on your iPad, you can upload movies in your dropbox from your computer's folder and watch them on your iPad. However only movies *.mp4 format are readable with the iPad.
- Answered by Sofea J from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
can I connect my mac book pro to HDMI ready television?
- Asked by Lynda C
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac book pro to HDMI ready television?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
Can you use this adapter to connect your phone to television to view movies?
- Asked by Tandeka G from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this adapter to connect your phone to television to view movies?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter