Can I charge my iPad Air with the 85w adapter?
Hello good people at Apple,
I almost cannot believe I have to ask this question--and that the iPad has this issue.
Why do I ask?
Because I bought my first Apple product,
an iPad Air and all day I leave it plugged into the wall with the 12w power adapter (from Apple)
(and the charging lightning bolt is there--so it's charging--again, all day and night),
but while I use it during the day the battery drains and dies!!!
I'm not kidding!
It's PLUGGED IN!!!!
No other battery powered device I've ever used goes below 100% when IT'S PLUGGED IN--no matter how bright the screen is, or how many WiFi, Bluetooth, programs and videos it runs.
E.g. My MSI laptop is plugged in and is driving four monitors, surround sound speakers, two external hard drives, and loads of USB devices--and it NEVER goes below 100%.
BTW I tested using the USB connection on my laptop to charge the iPad directly through the pretty NASA white power cable--same issue.
Thank you for your help resolving this amazing issue.
- Asked by Chris E from Castle Rock
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my iPad Air with the 85w adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
No you can not. Not even the same type of connection. If you continue to see this type of behavior I'd suggest making a Genius Bar appointment to have the iPad checked out.
- Answered by Bryan T from Winston Salem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My mid-2009 MBP has a "T" connection 85W MagSafe adapter (not MagSafe 2). Will the "L" connection MagSafe 85W work?
- Asked by Meredith T from New Haven
- Flag as inappropriate (My mid-2009 MBP has a "T" connection 85W MagSafe adapter (not MagSafe 2). Will the "L" connection MagSafe 85W work?)
- Asked about: Mac
MagSafe to MagSafe2 & rMBP - Does it charge the rMBP while in use?
- Asked by Michael M from Highlands Ranch
- Flag as inappropriate (MagSafe to MagSafe2 & rMBP - Does it charge the rMBP while in use?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter