I am have visual difficulties. Does the new software have a "speech" program which can read selected text?
If not, then I have to purchase extra software which will do this for me. I select the text and a voice reads it out.
- Asked by Patricia R from Plantation
- Flag as inappropriate (I am have visual difficulties. Does the new software have a "speech" program which can read selected text?)
1 Answer from the Community
This has been a built-in feature of Mac OS X. Select the text you wish to review, then select the Services menu & Speech. In Snow Leopard the Services menu can be accessed via contextual menu ( ie Control-Click, right-click, etc ). 3rd Party apps not written in Cocoa ( microsoft office ) will not have have the Services menu available. Copy the text to TextEdit for Text to Speech
- Answered by Mark L from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What other software programs is this compatible with?
- Asked by Melissa B from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate (What other software programs is this compatible with?)
- Asked about: IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove…