I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?
I have a iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. Now I want to upgrade to Maverick. My question is: Should I upgrade the OS X 10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8? ( all of them have the same price) Does it matter if I get 10.6 or it is better if I purchase 10.8. to upgrade to Maverick? Or it doesn't matter at all because I will upgrade to Maverick???
Please guys help me. These disgusting doubts are making my life miserable.
2 Answers from the Community
You will need to install 10.6 before you can upgrade further, because all further upgrades are done through the Mac App Store and that isn't present in versions prior to 10.6.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can upgrade to OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) directly from 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), provided that your computer meets the minimum requirements for Mavericks (iMac mid 2007 or later, 2 GB or greater RAM, 8 GB free disk space).
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad …
Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?
- Asked by Carol C from Rowley
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express