Can I successfully hook up a Canopus ADVC110 firewire out to Thunderbolt port on new iMac with this cable?
I am attempting to transfer data from a VCR to iMovie on my mac.
- Asked by Robert R from Redington Shores
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I successfully hook up a Canopus ADVC110 firewire out to Thunderbolt port on new iMac with this cable?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, this can successfully be done. I have a Canopus ADVC110 with a FireWire 400 port on the back. I bought a FireWire 400 to FireWire 800 cable and bought the Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter. Using the cable and adapter, the ADVC110 will be recognized by iMovie and will also be powered without the need for a power adapter.
- Answered by Nathan S from Fort Wayne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have the same question. Looks like another thread in here has someone stating that a 800 to 400 cable can be used with this adapter. If that is correct then we're in business. I think I'm gonna take the plunge and buy one. If it doesn't work I've got enough 800 hard drives sitting around that the investment won't be wasted.
- Answered by Benjamin B from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have the same question as I am about to pull thr trigger on a new iMac. A few reads have suggested it does not work, lack of power being sited?
Awaiting answers with baited breath...
- Answered by Alan H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3