2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
2 Answers from the Community
I purchased one for exactly the same reason but it did not work. As stated on the packing it is only for Macs that come without their own superdrive. e.g. the macbook air.
I found a copy USB cd/dvd drive on ebay that does work with any computer although the disc has trouble getting out of the slot without the aid of some slight downward pressure on the lower edge of the slot. Not ideal but it is a temporary fix.
- Answered by Philip S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The superdrive will work on any mac, as long as it is running Lion or Newer I believe.
- Answered by Jack M from Frisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this work with the Apple USB SuperDrive ?
- Asked by Rene C from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the Apple USB SuperDrive ?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
No answers yet
Can I upgrade the RAM of a 2009 iMac?
- Asked by Roger G from Kaysville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade the RAM of a 2009 iMac?)
- Asked about: Mac