Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?
I saw that there's no direct lightning to Ethernet adapter out there. But there is the Apple USB to Ethernet adapter. Would I be able to plug this into my iPad mini, then use the USB to Ethernet adapter? Devices connected via Ethernet at my office are blazing fast and would make a huge difference with this. Any response/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Joshua L from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible for use with the Apple USB Ethernet adapter?)
1 Answer from the Community
Quick answer: No. The Lightning interface does not support ethernet connections. The Lightning to USB adapter is meant for small non powered storage devices like flash drives. You can however, connect a powered USB hub to it and use USB piano keyboards, mics as well as large capacity external hard drives.
- Answered by Sean O from North Haven
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
- Asked by Peter L from -
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple USB Ethernet Adapter)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
No answers yet
Does this work with the USB to Ethernet adapter from Apple?
- Asked by Mark N from London
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the USB to Ethernet adapter from Apple?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
Which USB-Ethernet adapters are compatible with this solution?
- Asked by Stuart U from Elizabethtown
- Flag as inappropriate (Which USB-Ethernet adapters are compatible with this solution?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter