How much does the WiFi services cost?
Meaning do I have to go to a company like Verizon or AT&T in order to use this AirPort Time Capsule WiFi?
- Asked by Reginald J from Azusa
- Flag as inappropriate (How much does the WiFi services cost?)
3 Answers from the Community
You don't have to pay anything beyond what you're already paying for your internet connection from your ISP. As long as you have an internet connection at your house from an ISP, there are no recurring fees. You just buy the Airport Extreme and that's it as regards expenses. There would only be monthly fees if the Airport Extreme had a cellular connection instead of connecting your your DSL or cable modem, which it doesn't. It's a wireless router, not a cellular WiFi hotspot like a MiFi. So, this is not really something you'd bring on a trip/ long car ride. For WiFi on the go, you would need something like a MiFi.
- Answered by Joshua B from Waterford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
An Airport Extreme is a wireless router. It connects through an ethernet cable from your dsl or cable modem. The router will provide all the WiFi you need with no ongoing expense.
You may be thinking of a wireless hotspot, not a router. A hotspot gets the internet via cellular instead of through a wired modem. Since these are cellular, they need to be purchased from cellular providers like Verizon or AT&T. These devices have monthly data plans similar to a cell phone.
- Answered by Michael S from Boynton Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Depending on your area cost vary. However, Verizon offers the Fios service and you should check with them. Also, look at another cable provider. You will need a cable modem to connect your AP Extreme too, you will not be able to setup your AP Extreme using just a wi-fi connection. You need a Mac computer and ethernet cable to connect to the router. Lookup the KB article HT1178 Setting up Time Capsule for the first time.
- Answered by Marquette R from Silver Spring
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
how much do the shows cost?
- Asked by Ryan C from Inglewood
- Flag as inappropriate (how much do the shows cost?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No answers yet
Can I trade in my current pink iPhone 5c for a white iPhone 5c? If so, would it cost anything, and how much?
- Asked by Brett H C from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I trade in my current pink iPhone 5c for a white iPhone 5c? If so, would it cost anything, and how much?)
- Asked about: iPhone