what is a airport extreme/express. Does it make wifi faster, if so would it work with a clear in home wireless router
1 Answer from the Community
They are routers and from what I understand the ExTREME is just a more full featured (it has more options and features) version of the ExPRESS. The big brother as it were.
It will only make the WiFi faster if your devices have the same speed rating as the router. If your computer/devices are "N" rated and your old router was only "G" rated then, Yes, they will make your WiFi faster because your devices can now go at the fastest rated capacity it has.
If you only have "G" speed rated devices/computers and buy the new ultra high speed "AC" rated router your WiFi will still drop to "G" speeds. You need to know the rated speed of EACH device to get the most speed out of them.
If you plan on updating your computer in the near future and you need another router then getting the Extreme or Express will work fine.
You do not need two routers, they won't work well together if they are both setup as gateways.
Turn the ClearHome router off if it's slower then your new one. If your updating to a faster N-AC router and your ClearHome router is a combination modem/router you MAY be able to turn the router part off and just use the modem part as a stand alone modem.
No router will make your INTERNET faster, it's controlled completely buy your ISP.
- Answered by Jay B from Longview
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If wifi is slow, and I use this instead will this make my connection faster? I often plug in my other notebook on slow connections.
- Asked by Luke M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (If wifi is slow, and I use this instead will this make my connection faster? I often plug in my other notebook on slow connections.)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Can I combine two wifi routers
- Asked by William S from Katy
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I combine two wifi routers)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Right now my PC is connected wirelessly to my Uverse modem without the router. In iMac, can I do this without using that airport extreme/express devic
- Asked by Dan Redel E from Nashville
- Flag as inappropriate (Right now my PC is connected wirelessly to my Uverse modem without the router. In iMac, can I do this without using that airport extreme/express devic)
- Asked about: Mac