with this product, is it possible to play a games console. ie xbox 360 through it? and am i required to by something like an aerial lead aswell?
4 Answers from the Community
Yes, you can connect game consoles to an EyeTV to view on your Mac's monitor/screen. You will need the game console's composite or S-video cable to connect to the EyeTV hardware. Component or HDMI (hi-def connectors) will not work. In the EyeTV software, you will need to put it in Game Mode. Review the EyeTV manual for more info.
An aerial lead may be required if you want to watch regular TV on your Mac, either over-the-air (antenna) or cable input.
- Answered by Roberto H from Chula Vista
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes you can hook your xbox 360 up to your mac with elgato hybrid.
- Answered by Anthony H from Magnolia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes you can connect either an xbox or ps3 using the method described in a previous answer, but don't ...you won't be happy.
The eyetv hybrid is a wonderful product for tv but not for gaming, even with gaming mode selected the delay was huge and there were several other issues which made it unplayable.
Perhaps it has more to do with the type of Mac you're running it on though? I have a friend with a power mac whose had no problems, me and most of my friends who have Macs have iMacs and we haven't had a good time hooking up either xboxes or ps3's through the hybrid. Maybe someone could explain why?
- Answered by Daithi O
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Regarding your question about an aerial, yes, you'll either need an antenna or a basic cable connection. Depending on where you live and the reception conditions at your location, the type of antenna needed will vary (just as it does with any TV).
- Answered by Mike E
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
will it work for like xbox one / 360 and play station 3 / 4 ?
- Asked by Alexis F from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work for like xbox one / 360 and play station 3 / 4 ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can I connect the VGA to my Imac then connect it to my xbox 360 to play my xbox 360 games on the imac moniter ?
- Asked by Maria G from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the VGA to my Imac then connect it to my xbox 360 to play my xbox 360 games on the imac moniter ?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter