I have heard that Elgato Video Capture will not work with a Macbook Pro w/retina. Is this true, and if so, what options do I have?
2 Answers from the Community
Looking at the other answer, I have the same problem. Videocapture which used to work is not recognised on my MacBook Pro (non-retina). Changes? Upgrade to Mavericks, otherwise all the sa,e. Elgato tech support have been good at answering emails but now say "Our technicians suspect a hardware failure. If you purchased the device from a local reseller, we'd appreciate it, if you took care of the exchange through them within the legal warranty. In most cases this would be the most efficient, least expensive and fastest solution, especially for New Zealand. "
Hmmm, at over a year old I'm sure it's out of warranty - any ideas or comments welcome!
- Answered by Rob T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm no expert and on the verge of being an unsatisfied customer. Bought the Elgato unit a few weeks ago with my new 13" Macbook Pro w/retina. (I have dozens of old tapes to digitize) I installed the software, plugged unit in w/my Sony Mini DV tape deck and proceeded to download 3 or 4 tapes. I was reasonably happy. Plugged USB port in to transfer more tapes today and Elgato is not recognizing my plug in/deck. Restarted computer. Reinstalled software. No progress.
I am just reading about some issues w/USB 2.0 plugging into 3.0 but they aren't described as fatal.
- Answered by Richard H from Vashon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it work on 2014 Macbook pro w/ retina. Windows 8 for software.
- Asked by Juli S from Grangeville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on 2014 Macbook pro w/ retina. Windows 8 for software.)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can any wireless keyboard be used with the new MacBook Pro w/ retina?
- Asked by Barbara O B from Roswell
- Flag as inappropriate (Can any wireless keyboard be used with the new MacBook Pro w/ retina?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - British
Macbook Air 11" 256GB, Macbook Air 13" 128GB, Macbook Pro 128GB, or Macbook Pro w/ Retina 128GB?
- Asked by Noah S from Vestal
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Air 11" 256GB, Macbook Air 13" 128GB, Macbook Pro 128GB, or Macbook Pro w/ Retina 128GB?)
- Asked about: Mac