Thinking of selling my focal 2.1 set for these am I nuts? Focals are great but I am such a B&W fan. My whole living room is B&W!
2 Answers from the Community
Do the focals have USB input (and thus an internal DAC)? I don't see anything listed about that from what I've read, so if not I would make the move in a heartbeat.
B&W made a VERY smart move by taking control of the DAC in these speakers. Why rely on a $5 DAC in the computer itself to feed quality signal to a $500 pair of well designed speakers?!? Doesn't make sense to me.
My vote is for the B&W switch.
- Answered by Tim S from Skaneateles Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Answered myself. Listening to both now. Focals win HANDS DOWN. Not even close. You guys saying the mm-1's are the best should go listen to the Focal set. NOT EVEN CLOSE.... Nice try B&W.... Way overpriced for a desktop set with that sound quality. Yes, they are clear. But, B&W's marketing them as "No need for a sub" ... Whatever... NOT! Even Cnet as said the same thing. I now know for myself.
- Answered by John D from Dixon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do the MM1s compare to the other AirPlay enabled B&W speakers?
- Asked by Guillaume T from Quebec City
- Flag as inappropriate (How do the MM1s compare to the other AirPlay enabled B&W speakers?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireles…
60W Magsafe adapter: do I buy version /A or /B for a MacBook?
- Asked by Thomas G from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (60W Magsafe adapter: do I buy version /A or /B for a MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…