Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Pair one time, auto connect every time?
I plan to buy a bluetooth dongle and use the wireless keyboard with my Powermac G5 which needs password to login. If I paired the wireless keyboard, does it means my G5 will auto connect it every time when I start the machine and no need to click connect before I can start typing something? I was concern it will not connect by itself upon startup and that way I can't type my password and get on the desktop.
- Asked by Gary Pang Nin C
- Flag as inappropriate (Pair one time, auto connect every time?)
Can I the apple wireless keyboard switch between being used with an iPad and an iPhone quickly and easily?
I am thinking of buying this keyboard for use with my iPad mini and iPhone 5S.
First - I know that it will work with either of these devices, my question is NOT about that.
What I am trying to find out is how easy it is to go from one to the other. Do I have to set it up manually, each time I want to switch which device I am using it with? Or, can I pair the keyboard to both devices and then just use it with either? If so, then if I were to start typing on my iPhone, but then wanted to carry on typing on my iPad, how would I do that? Would I need to turn off my iPhone? Or would I have to go into settings and re-pair it?
I see that there is a Logitech keyboard that has buttons so you can switch quickly between Mac, iPad and IPhone very quickly, without pairing manually via iOS settings every time you switch, but it costs more (at time of writing on the Apple Store) and I would prefer an Apple branded product.
Thanks for any help from my fellow Apple-addicts! Hope I explained this query clearly!!
Pairing with AppleTV
Sometimes we have data-input needs with the AppleTV, like searches in Netflix and setting up Wi-Fi. The inboard single clicker method is tedious and slow. Will this keyboard pair with AppleTV? Guaranteed? If not, which one will?
Ideal for me is a keyboard which would work for the iPhone 5s, iPad Mini, and the TV.
- Asked by Tim B from Felton
- Flag as inappropriate (Pairing with AppleTV)
How easy is it to pair this keyboard with multiple devices?
I'd like to be able to use it (at different times) with a MBP, iphone or ipad. I'm wondering if that's easy to do (say by simply toggling bluetooth on and off on each device), or if the keyboard would only let itself be 'paired' with a single device at a time and if I'd have to go through a re-pairing process every time I changed.
- Asked by John J from Wellsville
- Flag as inappropriate (How easy is it to pair this keyboard with multiple devices?)
can the keyboard pair with more than one device
- Asked by John C from Newport Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (can the keyboard pair with more than one device)
No answers yet
When it comes the new one? Thanks
I was expecting to change my Macbook Pro keyboard to Japanese keyboard since I bought it.
Now it's a better choice and time to buy this one I think.
- Asked by Pedro B from Recife
- Flag as inappropriate (When it comes the new one? Thanks)
No answers yet
Is there a version of the wireless keyboard with a Canadian bilingual layout (CSA), similar to what I have on my MacBook Pro?
My MacBook pro has the Canadian layout with accented letters... my wireless keyboard is pure QWERTY and constantly shifting from one to the other is ... tiring. And I write in French 25% of the time.
- Asked by Philippe K from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a version of the wireless keyboard with a Canadian bilingual layout (CSA), similar to what I have on my MacBook Pro?)
Can i use the wireless keyboard on a 2008 MacBook running on OS 10.5.8?
Some of my keys are malfunctioning and i would like to use a wireless keyboard that can be recognized by my Mac running on OS 10.5.8 and at the same time compatible with iPad Mini.
- Asked by Crecencio C from Manila
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the wireless keyboard on a 2008 MacBook running on OS 10.5.8?)
Can the Wireless Keyboard be configured to use Dvorak on the iPad?
I'm not talking about changing the keys, but rather in some way such as one can do on an Apple computer through System Prefernces.
- Asked by James L from Wichita
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Wireless Keyboard be configured to use Dvorak on the iPad?)
Configure Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPad with a PC??
I don't have a mac, but do have an iPad and would like to purchase the Apple Wireless Keyboard to use with it. From the system requirements info it appears that you need a mac to configure the wireless keyboard before use. Is there anyway to get around this with a PC? I've read on several different sites on how to pair the wireless keyboard with a PC, but I wanted to double check that I will be able to use the keyboard with the iPad if I do this.
- Asked by Jenny C from Silverdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Configure Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPad with a PC??)
Can I pair two Bluetooth devices with my iPad 3? I have a Jot Touch stylus and was thinking of getting the wireless keyboard.
- Asked by N C from Coquitlam
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I pair two Bluetooth devices with my iPad 3? I have a Jot Touch stylus and was thinking of getting the wireless keyboard.)
Is the bluetooth keyboard for the iPad available only as "Wireless Keyboard—Japanese"?
I came to the Apple Store to shop for a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. I was surprised to find only this one product. I've got nothing against our Japanese friends, but I have no use whatsoever for Japanese characters on a keyboard. Is this the only way Apple now markets this product? I once owned a non-Japanese model of this very keyboard, but I left the batteries in it too long. Battery leakage ruined it, and I'd like to replace it.
- Asked by Lucas H from Timberville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the bluetooth keyboard for the iPad available only as "Wireless Keyboard—Japanese"?)
can i have both the wireless keyboard and a keyboard with numeric keypad installed at the same time?
I prefer using the wireless but occasionally need the numeric keypad. It seems it would be inconvenient go have to install them as needed.
- Asked by Noreen B from Clarks Summit
- Flag as inappropriate (can i have both the wireless keyboard and a keyboard with numeric keypad installed at the same time?)