Similar questions from the community
how to connect to amp with rca inputs audio connections to amp seems i need the headphone jack to rca but can i also use the usb or eithernet
would using the eithernet or usb be a better audio option to use iphone etc and play thru my current amplifier?
- Asked by Kerry M from Califon
- Flag as inappropriate (how to connect to amp with rca inputs audio connections to amp seems i need the headphone jack to rca but can i also use the usb or eithernet)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
What size is the audio connector on airport express
What cable do I need to connect to airport express audio out to the RCA phono connection on HiFi input. can you tell me the size of the audio out connection.
- Asked by Gregory S
- Flag as inappropriate (What size is the audio connector on airport express)
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
I wish to use the airport express to stream (airplay) music to a hi-fi system.
In order to connect the airport express (digital optical out) to the amp (analogue RCA phono) I will need to use a digital to analogue converter.
The majority of these are mains powered but I am looking at a USB powered one and I need to know if the USB port on the airport express will be able to power a digital to analogue converter as it appears its main function is to connect to a printer.
- Asked by Steven H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
No answers yet
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?
My hi-fi is an LG, about 5 yo, has dual AV inputs on back exactly as described in Airport Express user manual, so shouldn't be a problem to connect it. Can play music from a USB stick & can play from CDs burned on a computer (my previous one couldn't).
Am hoping this will enable me to play my iTunes music from my iPad, trying to avoid need to buy new, expensive dock for iPad to get good music quality!
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Flag as inappropriate (Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
Does the Airport express work with Yosemite 10.3.3?
I am considering purchasing the Airport express so I can wirelessly stream Pandora to my home stereo using the RCA style input jack. Will the Express work with OS X Yosemite version 10.3.3?
- Asked by Bruce C from Scappoose
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport express work with Yosemite 10.3.3?)
How does my stereo receive this signal?
My stereo is a Bozak amp pre amp tuner older electronics. It would need an attachment to receive these signals. Is there an adaptor available?
- Asked by Ronald S from Stratford
- Flag as inappropriate (How does my stereo receive this signal?)
No answers yet
can I air play music from my Iphone to two Airport Express conected to two diferent amps at the same time ?
I want to air play the same music form my IPhone to two diferent areas in my home where I have two diferent amps conected to a set of speakers.
I allready have one area conected to a 4 years old Aiport Express. I need to conect it to a new area.
- Asked by Ignacio M from Hermosillo
- Flag as inappropriate (can I air play music from my Iphone to two Airport Express conected to two diferent amps at the same time ?)
Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?
I want to connect my Bose Speaker system that I purchased for my computer. I want to be able to use my laptop anywhere in the room without being tired to my desk where the speakers are. What are my options? Thanks
- Asked by Jeremy G from Los Angles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?)
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)
I have a new high speed ISP with 1GB input. Tested at nearly 500Mbps at AV box I connected Apple Extreme Ethernet jack Is only 50 Mbps?
4K TV is not loading very fast - any thoughts?
- Asked by Stephen S from Rancho Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new high speed ISP with 1GB input. Tested at nearly 500Mbps at AV box I connected Apple Extreme Ethernet jack Is only 50 Mbps?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Are discounts available for Veterans?
need Airport Extreme for USB to USB connection from Extreme to external Hard drive.
- Asked by C. Elliott A from Mcminnville
- Flag as inappropriate (Are discounts available for Veterans?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
How does one connect a coaxial cable to Airport considering there are only ethernet ports and USB?
Does this come with an adapter for the coaxial cable? Or does one need a router to use Airport Express?
- Asked by Thomas B from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (How does one connect a coaxial cable to Airport considering there are only ethernet ports and USB?)
Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?
For example, I'm thinking about purchasing the B & W MM-1 speaker system. The speakers have there own 9-volt power supply. They get their signal from USB. Can I plug them into the USB and make them function? I know there's a 3.5mm jack, however, I'd prefer to use USB.
- Asked by Jason S from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.