Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I connect from a PC with dual-link DVI to a Thunderbolt Display (27"), with Altona AT-DP400 (with MiniDisplayPort output)?
If not, please recommend a converter that will work.
- Asked by Hyoung Ryul K from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect from a PC with dual-link DVI to a Thunderbolt Display (27"), with Altona AT-DP400 (with MiniDisplayPort output)?)
can a thunderbolt display be used with a KMV switch?
To use the display for both a Mac tower and a Windows tower.
- Asked by Robert K from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (can a thunderbolt display be used with a KMV switch?)
Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?
I want to connect the Bose Companion 5 system via USB, but my question is how do I turn off the Thunderbolt Display sound while keeping the sound coming from my Bose Speakers?
Thanks in advance, hope someone can answer this, i'd really appreciate it!
- Asked by Michael C from Riverview
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
I want to use my HP laptop to connect with the apple display. So can I use a cinema display or thunderbolt display to use with my window laptop.
macbook air SN C02DN73NDJDK support thunderbolt?
I Would like to purchase a thunderbolt display, but my Macbook Air is about 1.5 years old. Will it be supported?
- Asked by Anne H from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook air SN C02DN73NDJDK support thunderbolt?)
Can I connect a dell laptop running windows 7 to my thunderbolt display using the mini display port to DVI adapter.
- Asked by Michael N from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a dell laptop running windows 7 to my thunderbolt display using the mini display port to DVI adapter.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?
I have been using an Apple Thunderbolt Display since it was first available. In the past few years, I have been experiencing issues where a Macbook Pro (a mid 2013 edition and now a mid 2014 edition) has been experiencing ejecting disks, ejecting iDevices, and ejecting displays (i.e. display screen goes black). Logic boards have been replaced 3 times on the earlier Macbook Pro and 1 time on the 2014 edition. I am now experiencing the ejecting display issue again on the mid 2014 Macbook Pro.
After disconnecting all external devices (disks, iDevices, etc.), the only remaining item that is connected is the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems like the Thunderbolt cable is the issue. I wonder if the heat from the Thunderbolt connection has been causing failures in the logic boards, however, I digress.
Is is possible to completely replace the Thunderbolt cable from the Apple Display to a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by James W from Terre Haute
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?)
No answers yet
Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
- Asked by Tim A
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS)
Can I connect the apple TV to the Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Asked by Edward & Angelika G from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the apple TV to the Apple Thunderbolt Display)