Similar questions from the community
will it work on the desktop computers
will it work with the apple super drive external usb double layer dvd /cd drives on the desktop computers or the ipod touch
- Asked by Lisa S from Clearfield
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on the desktop computers)
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer.
I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?)
can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?
I want to make a backup of everything on my computer. Do I need to purchase something else or will the USB Superdrive work? If not, is it just for watching dvd's, listening to cd's and backing up individual files?
- Asked by Linda G from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?)
Does the SuperDrive work for finalized mini-dvds? My computer is a MacBook Air running 10.9.3.
I have finalized mini-dvds that I want to use in iMovie, but my MacBook Air doesn't have a CD Slot, nor did I read that the slots work for mini-dvds. Will the SuperDrive be able to read them and will I be able to use the files from them on my computer such as in iMovie? Thanks
- Asked by Marro R from Cooper City
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the SuperDrive work for finalized mini-dvds? My computer is a MacBook Air running 10.9.3.)
If I buy an apple super drive, can I hook it up to my apple TV to watch DVD's? Can I hook it up to a regular TV? Does it only work w Mac computers?
Apple Super Drive DVD viewing
- Asked by Blake I from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy an apple super drive, can I hook it up to my apple TV to watch DVD's? Can I hook it up to a regular TV? Does it only work w Mac computers?)
I am planning on buying an ipad air to use as my computer but I watch a lot of DVD's. Will the superdrive work with the ipad?
- Asked by Anna T from Plymouth
- Flag as inappropriate (I am planning on buying an ipad air to use as my computer but I watch a lot of DVD's. Will the superdrive work with the ipad?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
Does the USB Super Drive work with an old MacBook?
I just bought the USB Super Drive at Best Buy because the original CD burner doesn't work. I plugged in to my computer and looks like is not working. It is not showing anything on the screen.
- Asked by Gustavo B from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB Super Drive work with an old MacBook?)
Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?
The new MacBook has a single USB-C connector. It will be possible to connect USB devices to it with an adapter, but will the SuperDrive work through one of these adapters? It currently only works when connected directly to a USB port on the computer (i.e., not through a hub, for example), and there is nothing aside from a USB-C port on the new MacBook.
- Asked by Michael G from Campbell
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?)
MacBook and iMac -- need a disc drive for each computer?
Airport Time Capsule seems way too complicated for this senior citizen!
Which external drive would you suggest that does the job but is more or less simple?
I purchased Airport Time Capsule but it way more than I need. So, now am trying to determine which type of external drive to use. Can anyone advise please?
- Asked by Carol M from Lincoln
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook and iMac -- need a disc drive for each computer?)
I have a desktop imac 8,1 whose built-in optical drive seems to have failed. Can I add a external SuperDrive instead? Is it compatible pre2012?
how do I start a dvd disc in superdrive
Connected superdrive to Imac desktop,now what do I do to play a dvd.
- Asked by Reginald D from Leeming
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I start a dvd disc in superdrive)
No answers yet
does this work with the appleTv
Does the Apple usb Superdrive work with the apple tv to play DVD's
- Asked by Cole C from Lynwood
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work with the appleTv)
No answers yet
Does this product read all types of DVDs/CDs
I recently bought a MAC desktop after 25+ years with PC.
all my trips are on DVDs or CDs loaded from Windows programs. Will this read them or will keep spitting them out.
Is there a way I can look at my pictures again ?
- Asked by Hazel J from Qualicm Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product read all types of DVDs/CDs)
No answers yet
Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?
The internal drive stopped working.
- Asked by Casey L from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?)
Dose it work with the new imac ?
I am hoping the super drive works with the new iMac because the new iMac dose not have one what's up with that ?
- Asked by Joshua W from Nowra
- Flag as inappropriate (Dose it work with the new imac ?)