Similar questions from the community
Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?
- Asked by Ed F from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to get to rca output using this adaptor?)
When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?
HDMI is dgital and the 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) is analog... but the cable specs say it can connect an HDMI output and and input source with this RCA setup ... will it work?
- Asked by Hugo B from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Changing sound output to Bluetooth with av adapter for visual only?
Using iPhone 6s Plus.... Thanks for the support! Much Love!!!!!
- Asked by Philip R from Collegedale
- Flag as inappropriate (Changing sound output to Bluetooth with av adapter for visual only?)
Can I hook to a projector and watch iTunes movie rentals with this?
I want to connect my first generation iPad mini to a portable projector and watch standard definition iTunes rental movies offline. I know that using a vga cord will not work but does this adaptor meet the hdcp requirements or will I get the same error message? Thanks!
- Asked by Katie A from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook to a projector and watch iTunes movie rentals with this?)
Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?
For example to connect a dslr camera hdmi output for seeing the photos as if the ipad was an external monitor
- Asked by Alex Z from Monfalcone Go
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?)
Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable
I have used airserver and I got masses of lag and it was no good for gaming. Is this better?
- Asked by Amanda W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)
Will this adaptor work for output to HDMI ready sets in both Europe and USA ie 1080/50i & 1080/60i (as well as the progressive scans at 24/50/60 Hz)
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
My thinking is to use the lightning dock with the AV adapter plugged into the back of it so there is a charging port, hdmi port, and audio jack. All this would link to a computer monitor and stereo system. Will it work?
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
Does it work when the Lightning Digital AV Adapter is taken as the input to a HDMI Switch which output the HDMI signal to a digital TV?
I connect my iPhone/iPad to this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter, and then bring it to a HDMI Switch. Using the Switch to pick this iPhone/iPad signal to a digital TV. The image shows distorted colours - e.g. original black colour becomes pink, and similar for other colours. The audio does not have any problem. The same HDMI Switch picks other HDMI signal inputs without any issue. Is this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter deliberately distort the colours if it goes through a Switch?
Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?
Can the lightning digital AV adaptor be used to extract digital sound from the Ipod 5? I would like to play back through my DAC and Integrated amplifier. Input to the DAC is USB B. So can I use a HDMI to USB converter to play digital music out from the Ipod 5? Using the lighning to 30pin adaptor does not work.
- Asked by Jeff S from Clarington
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?)
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Is this capable of outputting surround sound?
- Asked by Owen I from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this capable of outputting surround sound?)
No answers yet