Similar questions from the community
Can i watch fox go app using this cable
- Asked by Linda T from Burnie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch fox go app using this cable)
No answers yet
What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?
I want to you this cable to watch video on tv from you tube, IPLA , or other apss. Please list all aps not supporting video out.
- Asked by Remigiusz G from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?)
Can u watch sky mobile app ( not sky go app ) with the iphone 5s lighting adapter on a hdtv?
People have said you cannot use this adapter for sky go, i just got the sky sports channels through vodafone and was wonderin if the Sky mobile app worked with this adapter? Has anyone tried it? Thanks in advance
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
No answers yet
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Will this work on my iPad mini with the version fios app so I can watch cable on my tv streaming from my iPad ?
- Asked by Victoria R from Port Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on my iPad mini with the version fios app so I can watch cable on my tv streaming from my iPad ?)
Can this be used with a rear projection TV from my ipad 3? what additional hook up cables do I need?
I would like to watch Netflex movies on my TV. I subscribe to it on my ipad. I have an HDMI rear projection TV (68 Inch).
- Asked by Joe M from Charlestown
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a rear projection TV from my ipad 3? what additional hook up cables do I need?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
No answers yet
Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?
I have a new iPad and an iPhone 5. With an hdmi cable to a compatible tv, can I watch movies from Netflix or other sources, or is it only compatible with iTunes?
- Asked by Peter O from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
Can I Watch beIN SPORTS App on My TV on 1080i through this adapter ?
- Asked by Ahmad A from New Castle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Watch beIN SPORTS App on My TV on 1080i through this adapter ?)