Questions & Answers for Rechargeable Battery - 15-inch MacBook Pro
152 Questions from the Community
will it work with new macbook pros
- Asked by Jerry K from Corpus Christi
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with new macbook pros)
Is there one for the 13" Macbook Pro
I can only see them for 15 and 17 inch models
- Asked by Sylvain G from Greensborough
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there one for the 13" Macbook Pro)
Do you have a protective cover for carrying an extra battery? It is so sharp that it has cut through my leather laptop case.
I always carry an extra battery for long flights or unusual circumstances. However, the corners of the battery are very sharp and cut through everything they are stored in. I would like to buy a protective cover if one exists.
- Asked by David G from Tallahassee
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have a protective cover for carrying an extra battery? It is so sharp that it has cut through my leather laptop case.)
How is the right battery for a MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 15 inch model?
I need to purchase a new battery for my MacBook Pro 15" and I need to know what is the right model.
- Asked by Alexandre C from Sao Paulo
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the right battery for a MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 15 inch model?)
In short, Yes, this battery will replace a battery No. A1175.
This is from another apple forum:
MA348LL/A and A1175 are the same thing. MA348LL/A is the Apple part number (aka order number), A1175 is the Model Number of the battery. So, if you order MA348LL/A and actually look at the printing on the battery, you'll see Model A1175 on there.
- Answered by Scott M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I have a 2006 15-inch MacBook Pro with a battery Model No. A1175 -- will this replacement battery work?)
charging battery for the first time
How long does the battery needs to be charged for the first time on macbook pro 15.
- Asked by Alam H
- Flag as inappropriate (charging battery for the first time)
Just plug in your ac adapter and use the computer. Ensure the battery if fully charged before using it on battery power and let it drain all the way down before the next charge. From then on, use the battery about once a week till it is all the way down and you are getting those "Save your work now" messages" and let it charge all the way up again. You can use the computer while it is charging. All of this is from the a recent Genius Bar appointment where they told me my battery was failing for lack of use and that it had a very low number of cycles on it and that was not good for it.
- Answered by Jeffery S from Denton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (charging battery for the first time)
Search for model number M9756G/A.
- Answered by Logan R from Westport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Where do i purchase replacement battery for 15" Powerbook G4 (Battery Model No. A1148 10.8V))
does the new macbook pro battery work with the old macbook pro battery
they really should list the models that the battery works with
- Asked by Wayne C from Demarest
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new macbook pro battery work with the old macbook pro battery)
how many hour does the battery last?
- Asked by Anthony D from Garden Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (how many hour does the battery last?)
This is the battery from the older 15-inch MBP model. The new unibody models do not have a user-replaceable battery, but the non-unibody models do.
- Answered by Gillian K from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can it fit my new 15-inch Macbook Pro? I thought the computers design was made so the battery wouldn't be removable?)
how can I see the number of cycles on my battery?
- Asked by Jerry Z from Spring Valley
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I see the number of cycles on my battery?)
Go to the system profiler - hardware - power and you will scroll down to see battery information which tells you how many cycles are on your battery.
- Answered by Michele K from Taylors
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how can I see the number of cycles on my battery?)