Questions & Answers for Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
224 Questions from the Community
The 27" iMac has a Mini-Display port, not HDMI. It can accept input from other devices with Mini-Display port (MacBook, MacMini, another iMac) with a Mini-Display Port cable but not from HDMI directly without a converter box to turn HDMI a signal compatible with the MDP
- Answered by Jason B from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Work with iMac?)
is an apple tv required to connect to each tv
- Asked by Chet C from Mount Pleasant
- Flag as inappropriate (is an apple tv required to connect to each tv)
You will need a separate Apple TV for every television you wish to use simultaneously.
- Answered by Alex H from Cedar Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is an apple tv required to connect to each tv)
What cable do I need to connect my Mac Book Pro to my HDMI LCD projector, for film / presentations etc..?
I have a VGA cable with adaptor but it rarely seems to pick up the input signal and messes with the computers functionality. Is a Mini Belkin to HDMI a better option?
is this the cord I need for an Apple tv? (or do you advise another?)
Apple HDML to HDML cable (1.8m)
- Asked by Susan P from Winner
- Flag as inappropriate (is this the cord I need for an Apple tv? (or do you advise another?))
This is the best HDMI i've ever had. I recommend buying this one.
- Answered by Stephen B from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this the cord I need for an Apple tv? (or do you advise another?))
How do I connect the HDMI cable from my apple TV and my Denon AVR X3000,?
- Asked by Ralph T from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect the HDMI cable from my apple TV and my Denon AVR X3000,?)
MY Apple TV unit needs a cable that can be used for hdcp also does this one
- Asked by Brian K from Addlestone
- Flag as inappropriate (MY Apple TV unit needs a cable that can be used for hdcp also does this one)
does TV have to be flatscreen?
I have a TV that is not a flatscreen TV. It's a SONY approx 7-8 yrs old
- Asked by Maggie L from Fall City
- Flag as inappropriate (does TV have to be flatscreen?)
No unless You want to veiw 1080p (Such as Apple Tv, Or PS3) Otherwise You can buy an RCA (The Red Yellow And White Plugs) to HDMI converter
- Answered by Deanne H from Driffield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does TV have to be flatscreen?)
do i use this cable/cord to connect my mac laptop to a AV overhead projector that is otherwise not mac compatible
I have a presentation on my mac, and the company im doing it for dont have a mac compatible system, i i have been aske to bring an adaptor to link my laptop to their overhead projector. cheers
- Asked by Cheree M from Glen Iris
- Flag as inappropriate (do i use this cable/cord to connect my mac laptop to a AV overhead projector that is otherwise not mac compatible)
No, this will definitely NOT work with a VCR.
If you want to send video & audio FROM your MacBook Pro TO your VCR, then you need:
1. For video: An adapter for whatever type of external display port is on your MacBook Pro to composite video. Apple has all the various types covered, but you need to know which type was used on your particular MacBook Pro (they've changed over the years).
2. A composite video cable (RCA phono plugs) OR an S-video cable (if your VCR supports S-video).
3. For audio: An audio cable with a standard 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone TRS jack (aka "stereo mini-jack") for the Mac end (connects into your Mac's headphone port), and dual RCA phono plugs (red & white) for the audio in ports on the VCR.
If you're trying to get video FROM your VCR in TO your Mac, then you'll need some sort of video interface for your Mac, since the MacBook Pro doesn't have any built-in video input capability. See the "Elgato Video Capture" product in the "Video" section of the Apple Store for one such example of this.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I use this to connect my VCR to my MacBook Pro? If not what do I need to do that?)
- Answered by Jonathan P from Port Washington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use Apple HDMI cable to connect IPOD to DJ turntables? Thank you very much for your advice in advance! BU.)
will this work with my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Mario C from Valley Stream
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with my MacBook Air?)
Yes, using a mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter at the mini DisplayPort. Outputs both video and audio through the mini DisplayPort on the recently released MacBook Air.
- Answered by Heather M from Friendswood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with my MacBook Air?)
is this apple hdmi cable pvc free? I ask because most apple branded cables are a grey-ish white and this one is black like most PVC cables.
No answers yet
I have iphone 5. Is hdmi or hdtv. Or audio . Video are right cables to connect my iphone 5. To tv How i can connect iPhone 5 to tv 3 colour pins
- Asked by Harbant A from Adelaide
- Flag as inappropriate (I have iphone 5. Is hdmi or hdtv. Or audio . Video are right cables to connect my iphone 5. To tv How i can connect iPhone 5 to tv 3 colour pins)
No answers yet
Yes. Any HDMI cable that supports 1080p is considered 'high speed'.
High Speed HDMI cable is designed and tested to handle video resolutions of 1080p and beyond, including advanced display technologies such as 4K, 3D, and Deep Color.
- Answered by James H from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this cable highspeed?)