Questions & Answers for Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
223 Questions from the Community
How do I connect the HDMI cable from my apple TV and my Denon AVR X3000,?
- Asked by Ralph T from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect the HDMI cable from my apple TV and my Denon AVR X3000,?)
MY Apple TV unit needs a cable that can be used for hdcp also does this one
- Asked by Brian K from Addlestone
- Flag as inappropriate (MY Apple TV unit needs a cable that can be used for hdcp also does this one)
can I connect an older PowerBook G4 to a RCA HDTV with apple HDMI cables
- Asked by Robert M from Ventnor City
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect an older PowerBook G4 to a RCA HDTV with apple HDMI cables)
Not without adapters, you will need at least a DVI to HDMI cable (for most 15 and 17 inch models) or using some adapters if you have a 12 inch model.
- Answered by Reid S from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I connect an older PowerBook G4 to a RCA HDTV with apple HDMI cables)
ethernet hdmi connector to "Apple TV" cable
I need a cable to connect my TV to my new Apple TV.
What are the two connector designations that I need? My TV connector seems to be designated Ethernet HDMI.
- Asked by Gary S from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (ethernet hdmi connector to "Apple TV" cable)
does TV have to be flatscreen?
I have a TV that is not a flatscreen TV. It's a SONY approx 7-8 yrs old
- Asked by Maggie L from Fall City
- Flag as inappropriate (does TV have to be flatscreen?)
No unless You want to veiw 1080p (Such as Apple Tv, Or PS3) Otherwise You can buy an RCA (The Red Yellow And White Plugs) to HDMI converter
- Answered by Deanne H from Driffield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does TV have to be flatscreen?)
Last time I checked, this required a converter that on its input side plugs into the video out jack on the macbook AND the 1/8 inch audio out jack on the macbook, and on its output side has an HDMI jack. Then an HDMI cable like this one takes it from there.
At the time, Apple did not make such a converter, but somebody else did, and my local Apple store carried it.
I have not tried this technology yet, but I have done macbook to VGA input on a TV, and that worked fine (given the appropriate converter).
- Answered by Carolyn Z from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this cable work with a regular 13 inch Macbook? (not a Macbook Pro)? If not, is there a cable that will work?)
No, this will definitely NOT work with a VCR.
If you want to send video & audio FROM your MacBook Pro TO your VCR, then you need:
1. For video: An adapter for whatever type of external display port is on your MacBook Pro to composite video. Apple has all the various types covered, but you need to know which type was used on your particular MacBook Pro (they've changed over the years).
2. A composite video cable (RCA phono plugs) OR an S-video cable (if your VCR supports S-video).
3. For audio: An audio cable with a standard 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone TRS jack (aka "stereo mini-jack") for the Mac end (connects into your Mac's headphone port), and dual RCA phono plugs (red & white) for the audio in ports on the VCR.
If you're trying to get video FROM your VCR in TO your Mac, then you'll need some sort of video interface for your Mac, since the MacBook Pro doesn't have any built-in video input capability. See the "Elgato Video Capture" product in the "Video" section of the Apple Store for one such example of this.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I use this to connect my VCR to my MacBook Pro? If not what do I need to do that?)
- Answered by Jonathan P from Port Washington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use Apple HDMI cable to connect IPOD to DJ turntables? Thank you very much for your advice in advance! BU.)
Will this work with my iMac 24" if i use a mini DVI to Hdmi converter?
I want to project my photos onto an HD Samsung Tv. I have a 24" iMac and purchased the Mini DVI converter to HDMI. I have tried many HDMI cables and nothing works. Will this new Apple HDMI cable to the job?
The only success I have had is to use the VGA port. Many new HD TVs no longer have a VGA port. Help! Ron
- Asked by Ronald N from Freeland
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my iMac 24" if i use a mini DVI to Hdmi converter?)
will this work with my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Mario C from Valley Stream
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with my MacBook Air?)
Yes, using a mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter at the mini DisplayPort. Outputs both video and audio through the mini DisplayPort on the recently released MacBook Air.
- Answered by Heather M from Friendswood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this work with my MacBook Air?)
is this apple hdmi cable pvc free? I ask because most apple branded cables are a grey-ish white and this one is black like most PVC cables.
No answers yet
I have iphone 5. Is hdmi or hdtv. Or audio . Video are right cables to connect my iphone 5. To tv How i can connect iPhone 5 to tv 3 colour pins
- Asked by Harbant A from Adelaide
- Flag as inappropriate (I have iphone 5. Is hdmi or hdtv. Or audio . Video are right cables to connect my iphone 5. To tv How i can connect iPhone 5 to tv 3 colour pins)
No answers yet
Yes. Any HDMI cable that supports 1080p is considered 'high speed'.
High Speed HDMI cable is designed and tested to handle video resolutions of 1080p and beyond, including advanced display technologies such as 4K, 3D, and Deep Color.
- Answered by James H from Gold Coast
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is this cable highspeed?)