Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
192 Questions from the Community
will the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter work for and iPhone 6s? (ios 9.3.1.)
I have iPhone 6s and I want to buy usb camera adapter to play films from flash drive. will it works?
- Asked by Tomáš P
- Flag as inappropriate (will the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter work for and iPhone 6s? (ios 9.3.1.))
I am answering my own question, yes, it works great! Buy one!
- Answered by David L R from Bluffton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a audioquest dragonfly dac? Audioquest's site says so, but want to make sure.)
Does this work with iphone 7? Will it accept USB flash dirves?
- Asked by Rick E from Grapevine
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with iphone 7? Will it accept USB flash dirves?)
Why is the Camera to usb adapter only working in one direction in the lightning socket? I use it with Audioquest Dragonfly black to iphone 5c
camera to usb adapter
No answers yet
Yes, is more advertised to work with iPads but it will work with iphones too.
- Answered by Darren W from St. Andrews
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this adapter work with the iPhone SE as it is not included in the list of compatible models?)
Has anyone used this adapter to connect the latest iPod Touch to a Yamaha P-115 Digital Piano using the Digital Piano Controller app?
- Asked by James S from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone used this adapter to connect the latest iPod Touch to a Yamaha P-115 Digital Piano using the Digital Piano Controller app?)
No answers yet
Can I use the adapter to transfer documents to my iPad off a flash drive?
I want to use the adapter to quickly transfer documents to my iPad from a usb flash drive. Can I do that
- Asked by Theuns L from Pretoria
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the adapter to transfer documents to my iPad off a flash drive?)
No, the device that plugs in to the USB must be a powered device, example a digital camera powered on will initiate the choice of photos to import to your ipad etc.
- Answered by Martin B from Grand Bay Westfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the adapter to transfer documents to my iPad off a flash drive?)
Reading the reviews I am guessing this does NOT work with ipod touch 5th generation?
- Asked by Allison D from Unionville
- Flag as inappropriate (Reading the reviews I am guessing this does NOT work with ipod touch 5th generation?)
What is the length (inches or centimetre's) of the cable?
- Asked by Arnold S from Cape Town
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the length (inches or centimetre's) of the cable?)
Can I use this to project from my Sony pj410 camera?
The camera comes with a built in project and I want to know if I can use this cable to project images from my iphone through the cameras projector?
- Asked by Emma L
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to project from my Sony pj410 camera?)
Can I connect my USB flash disk drive with the connector and watch movies and images in USB drive on my ipad4 without importing them on my iPadAnswer
Not easily. There are workaround tricks but they aren't worth the aggravation. There are now USB flash drives that use the Lightning port but they are expensive.
- Answered by Vincent M from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect my USB flash disk drive with the connector and watch movies and images in USB drive on my ipad4 without importing them on my iPad)
Will this work with USB type B DAC connection?
My home DAC unit has a USB type B connection. Will this cable work to bypass the iPhone DAC? The additional cable to complete the connection would be a male usb A to male usb B.
Someone commented that this only works with a DAC that accepts UPS type A. Not sure why this would be the case.
- Asked by Michael C from Fairfax
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with USB type B DAC connection?)
I've tried it with a newly bought SanDisk Dual USB Drive 16GB on iPhone 5S and it gives me the error message "Cannot Use Device USB2.0-CRW: The connected device requires too much power." Tried with other type of USB flash drive and gives me the same error.
- Answered by Mohd Rukhairy A from Seri Kembangan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I open documents (from a flash drive) with the lightning to usb camera adapter?)
Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?
There is great confusion about audio from the lightning port. On the one hand, we're told that you need this cable attached to a DAC to play hi-res(>48/24) audio. Yet we're also told that this is a "digital only" interface. What is the story? I'm hoping to use a 3rd party hi-res audio player to send a hi res stream to my car audio system via this connector, but not sure how it works. Can anyone point me to an authoritative description of how audio is pass through the lightning connector? Are the DACs in the iphone ever used, or is it a pure digital stream via lightning. If it's purely digital, can we use this connector to pass hi res (ie 96/24) digital streams to a Nissan car audio system? I've read all the conjecture, what I'm looking for is a definitive statement from Apple
- Asked by John A M from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?)
I know that you have to use this to connect to a DAC. You will also need a hi-res audio app such as onkyo HF Player (supports upto 24 bit/ 192 kHz). The audio signal will then be output digitally to the DAC which then does the Digital to Analogue Conversion (DAC) that is then amplified to either headphones or speakers. Not sure if it will work with car audio system because it will depend on what resolution and file types its DAC supports. Hope this helps?
- Answered by James W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this cable to connect to my Nissan Altima sound system with hi-res digital audio?)
With my ipad4, Lightning to USB Camera adapter and M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Ort Even Casio Privia PX-130 I can use GarageBand and Animoog.
- Answered by Andreas R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you connect an iPad 4 lightning connector to a USB midi keyboard? or do you need another adapter?)
Will the quality of the picture change?
I have Canon EOS1100D. It`s 12.2 mega-pixels. Will the quality of the pictures change if I put them in my iPad. It`s just that I want to edit the photos on my iPad and share them on FB, Twitter, Instagram etc. and I don`t want the quality to change...
- Asked by Alise S
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the quality of the picture change?)
Most ipad apps do have a " limit" to there resolution but some do not. Keep in mind this is a software only limit and not an ipad hardware limit. With the right app your resolution should not change. But, the iPads has a weak spot ( all of them ) and its a shortage of ram. There is just not enough to do heavy graphics work ( for that you need a computer laptop or workstation system with loads of power and ram) . I do pictures regularly that get into the GB sizes per photo and this would trash my iPads . With that in mind, a 12 + megapixel picture for Facebook/ Instagram or email for example is for the most part complete overkill and a down sized resolution of just 2-3K would still be stunning on a retina screen. The ipad would do a fine job simply re-coloring or retro affecting / resizing your pictures before sending. Remember , the larger the picture the slower it goes, the more bandwidth it uses and the more it will cost you to send and for your friend to receive ( especially when the overage charges come in).
My 2 cents,
- Answered by David M from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the quality of the picture change?)
Can this be used with a powered USB hub to connect a USB microphone (like a Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti) to a 4th-gen iPad?
- Asked by Martha E from Richland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a powered USB hub to connect a USB microphone (like a Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti) to a 4th-gen iPad?)
Yes indeed it does but you will need a powered USB hub and of course the iPad to USB adapter. I use it with the Hindenburg Journalist Mobile app with excellent results.
- Answered by Keith C from Dubai
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can this be used with a powered USB hub to connect a USB microphone (like a Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti) to a 4th-gen iPad?)
Can I connect iPhone 5s/PianoDiary to MAC/Sibelius First to import & export MIDI data via the Apple Camera connection kit ?
I use Yamaha PianoDiary app (on iPhone 5s) to RECORD midi from an external piano
ie. (iPhone 5S --> Apple Camera connection kit --> Roland UM-One to midi plugs (In and Out) --> External Piano.)
The PianoDiary app also allows me to PLAYBACK to the piano.
Alas, the MIDI is stored within a PianoDiary SQLite database and not as a midi file. So, no easy way to export and import.
Unable to get the PianoDiary app WiFi or Bluetooth working with a MAC so now I explore hard wiring from iPhone 5s to a MAC.
Could I treat the iPhone 5s/Pianodiary app as a MIDI instrument
i.e. (iPhone 5s/Pianodiary --> Apple Camera connection kit --> TypeA(Male) to TypeB(Female) adapter --> Regular USB cable --> Mac/Sibelius First.)
I could then press PLAY on the iPhone 5S and RECORD on the MAC to export from the iPhone and vice versa to import.
Is there any good reason why this hardwire approach wouldn't work using the Apple Camera connection kit ?
Is there a better way to do this connection via cable ? (I have given up on WiFi and Bluetooth)