Speck’s SmartShell Case perfectly matches the sleek, lightweight design of your MacBook. This super-slim glossy hard case is precision-engineered for a perfect fit. And for a striking appearance, each case offers rich color and a striking glossy finish that lets you show off your unique style—while allowing your Mac’s design shine through. Anti-tip feet keep your MacBook stable and secure.
- Durable, ultra-thin hard shell protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design is easy to put on and take off
- Anti-tilt rubberized feet keep your MacBook stable and secure
Did you notice?The striking color effects let the fine design of your MacBook—and the Apple logo—shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for MacBook
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2567
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709006950
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year (For details, please visit http://www.speckproducts.com/warranty-returns)
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
area where the hinges are cracks and breaks
I bought this from the Apple Store and a month later its starting to crack around the edges
- Written by Jennifer G from Long Branch
32 of 32 people found this useful
I purchased this product 1 month ago and it has already cracked and broke. It was a complete waste of money. DO NOT PURCHASE!!
- Written by Kaci K from Oklahoma City
31 of 32 people found this useful
This case is literally the worst case I've had for my Macbook Pro. The first problem I had, was getting it on. I could get the cas This case is literally the worst case I've had for my Macbook Pro. The first problem I had, was getting it on. I could get the case about half way on the laptop. I finally had to bend the bottom of the case bit a bit, just in order to get it to fit right on my laptop. Then, about a week later, on the top part( the part protecting the screen), I start to notice little cracks in the edges. I don't know how this happened because when it't not with me, the laptop is in its protective case. The only good thing about this case is the grips to stop it from sliding. But other than that, the only person I would recommend this case to, is someone I hated. …
- Written by Emiley K from Hampden
32 of 34 people found this useful
Do Not Buy!!!!
Worse case ever!!! Absolute waste of money. It cracks and looks awful (little scratches appear) almost instantly. My case looked Worse case ever!!! Absolute waste of money. It cracks and looks awful (little scratches appear) almost instantly. My case looked like it was 5 years old after a few weeks: ugly. I may as well thrown the $50.00 in the garbage. …
- Written by Jillian G from Victoria
4 of 4 people found this useful
My Favorite MacBook Case
I ordered this case in purple and I absolutely love it. However, in the picture online it does look a little more pink-ish and col I ordered this case in purple and I absolutely love it. However, in the picture online it does look a little more pink-ish and colorful. When I received it, the case was more of a somewhat sheer purple. However, the case still looks great and feels much more smooth than my last MacBook case. It has a great color and fit my MacBook perfectly. …
- Written by Kelsi G from Rocky Face
I bought the clear case (after the genius at the store sold me the wrong case initially). Once I got the one that fit properly it I bought the clear case (after the genius at the store sold me the wrong case initially). Once I got the one that fit properly it has been good. It's fairly low-profile on the laptop (except shiny), and I haven't noticed any cracks or breaks yet (two weeks of heavy use). Will revise if things change. Minus one star for it being a little heavy. …
- Written by angela C from St Albert
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case fit the 12 inch macbook? If not, are there any clear shell cases available for that mac?
- Asked by Norma W from Crawfordville
- Jul 13, 2015
I'm wondering whether Spec 13" smartshell case with Herschel supply co. 13" anchor sleeve works for the new macbook pro retina.
- Asked by Jonghee C from Seoul
- May 17, 2015
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
- Jan 6, 2015