Bretford's wall-mounted articulating display arm delivers the ultimate in flexibility, design and comfort. Now you can save space and position your monitor in any position that provides the best viewing angle.
- Die-cast aluminum construction complements your Apple hardware
- Monitor floats weightlessly; position may be adjusted with one hand
- Folds flat to save space when not in use
- Easily rotates the monitor 360 degrees for landscape or portrait viewing and a +/- 45-degree forward tilt
- Folds to a 3-inch depth or extends out 15 inches from the wall with 180-degree positioning
- Cable management clips keep power and data cables neat
- Mounts to a single wood stud; hardware not included
- Supports 20-, 23- and 30-inch Cinema Display models
- VESA compliant: supports VESA 75mm and 100mm mounting patterns
Apple Recommends ForEducation labs and offices, retail, hospitality and reception areas, healthcare workstations or any space where mounting your iMac or Apple Display will save you space.
What's in the Box?
- Bretford articulating wall-mounted display arm
- Cable clips
- Allen wrench
- Depth: Folded: 3.0 in./7.6 cm
- Weight: 10.0 lb./4.5 kg
- Length: Maximum extension: 15.0 in./38.1 cm
- Apple VESA Mount Adapter Kit
- Mfr. Part Number: BDM28
- UPC or EAN No.: 096633268344
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Proper installation requires a solid surface between 0.5 and 1.25 inches thick
- Solid surface must be secured to a table or similarly sturdy base
- iMac, Cinema Display, LED Cinema Display or Thunderbolt Display require the Apple VESA Mount Adapter Kit to be mounted
Ratings & Reviews
Great Product - Using w/ 24" iMac
Bought this and the VESA Adapter. Great product and when used with the wireless mouse/keyboard combo, it frees up the clutter of Bought this and the VESA Adapter. Great product and when used with the wireless mouse/keyboard combo, it frees up the clutter of wires.
Installation took about 15 min but needed wife to hold up iMac to mount.
Two insignificant problems:
1) When moving the iMac, the wireclips sometimes knock each other off.
2) The arm joints can scuff onto your wall. Solved this with those clear rubber nubs used for drawers/cabinets. …
- Written by Benjamin G from New York
269 of 286 people found this useful
DO NOT USE THE PROVIDED SCREWS!
I received the 2 Arms today that I ordered, could not wait to put them up so I would have my 2 30" Displays Wall Mounted. I starte I received the 2 Arms today that I ordered, could not wait to put them up so I would have my 2 30" Displays Wall Mounted. I started to put the first one up, I pre-drilled the holes into the studs. Using the scr-ews provided with the mounting arm. I tightened the scr-ews by hand into the wall, and one of the scr-ews snapped in half. So after I go to Lowes and get some scre-ws that are not made of some kind of che-ap & we-ak metal to cut costs of production; I will have to end up remounting higher or lower than originally planned, due to the fact I have the threaded end of the scr-ews stuck in my wall now. So do not Use the provided scr-ews, I would not want to have this happen to anyone else. Costing well over $100 for each one of the mounts, I would expect they could provide some nice heavy-duty scr-ews to mount with. I don't even want to think what would happen if I actually got to the point where my 30" Cinema HD's were mounted on them and then the scr-ews broke, that would have been quite costly. …
- Written by Timothy G from San Diego
222 of 270 people found this useful
Does the job
This arm is well built and has a nice finish that complements my new 30" Cinema Display. The packaging was very well padded to pro This arm is well built and has a nice finish that complements my new 30" Cinema Display. The packaging was very well padded to protect the arm during shipment. The cable clips are very cheap, flimsy plastic and will fall off continuously due to the heavy weight of the monitor's cable. I have a similar arm sold by LaCie and it uses metal guides for the cable which work much better. I wound up using zip ties to keep the cable attached to the arm instead.
Please be aware that the instruction manual says that the arm is pre-tensioned and needs no adjustment. I had quite a scare when I mounted my display because the weight of the monitor made it flop down and almost hit the wall. It turns out the tilt adjustment was way too loose. Once tightened with the supplied allen wrench, it now stays in the desired tilt angle. However, I find that the rotate adjustment is still a bit loose and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to tighten this axis of movement.
- Written by Karl-Franz M from Melbourne
152 of 167 people found this useful
Awesome space saver and the mobility is great! My only complaint (and this is mostly my fault) is that I wish it was made a lot mo Awesome space saver and the mobility is great! My only complaint (and this is mostly my fault) is that I wish it was made a lot more obvious that I also had to purchase the VESA kit. I had no idea and there I was, mount on the wall, so excited and ready to put up my monitor and realized I needed the kit. Not available in store so just had to order that. Besides that though I am in love! Excellent product! …
- Written by Greg S from Wethersfield
3 of 3 people found this useful
A lot better than people give it credit for!
So I've read the reviews that this mount is stiff and hard to move around....common sense guys, it comes with an allen key and all So I've read the reviews that this mount is stiff and hard to move around....common sense guys, it comes with an allen key and all the hinges can be slightly loosened to your desired tension, mine moves easily and smoothly! You can even tilt the screen up or down which is nice. This way you can tighten it into a permanent position if you are not likely to move it around much, or you can keep it loose if you move it around a lot.
The wall mount is pretty heavy, especially with my 27" imac, so you would want to mount it on a stud in the wall, unless you want to attempt to use some heavy duty drywall plugs. You could mount it directly to drywall, my closet poles are mounted to dry wall with special plastic split studs and they hold super heavy winter coats just fine - I just didn't want to risk it with my mac! ha
The color is nice, matches well with the iMac and is just a little darker silver. I have light grey walls so it looks epic against it.
DONT FORGET TO GET THE VESA ADAPTER FOR IMAC!!!! else you won't be able to attach this wall mount to the back of your iMac.
super easy to install, super sturdy which makes you feel a lot safer having your expensive computer hanging from the wall! and it has some clips on the mount that you can clip the cord onto so it is not hanging from the computer but stays hidden.
It is pricey, but I wouldn't want to buy something cheap and flimsy and ruin my $3000 computer!!! To me it's worth the money. Plus, I'm always needing to move the computer around and im always nervous that i'm going to knock my iMac over so I actually feel safer with it mounted to the wall :) …
- Written by Kara S from Canton
20 of 21 people found this useful
Nice, but display is too far from the wall
Overall a pretty good product. No problems with installation and does the job for a 30" Cinema. But the minimum distance from th Overall a pretty good product. No problems with installation and does the job for a 30" Cinema. But the minimum distance from the wall is about 6" (from back of the display). If I had know this before, I would have found some other wall mount. …
- Written by Bruce G from Palo Alto
86 of 93 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this mount work with an Apple 30inch Cinema display?
- Asked by Jesse R
- May 24, 2015
Has anyone successfully used this hardware with an Apple Thunderbolt Display mounted directly on a gyp board/metal stud wall?
- Asked by Lester Y from Honolulu
- Nov 12, 2014
Do you need a VESA adapter for this?
- Asked by Rohit K from Cupertino
- Dec 5, 2012
Yes you do
- Answered by Thomas L from Sydney
- Mar 22, 2014
Can the bretford accessory clamp be used with the Bretford mobilepro wall mount?
- Asked by Danny G from Cleardale
- Oct 22, 2014
Can I use this iMac 2014
- Asked by Zaid M
- Oct 31, 2014
Yes. The MobilePro Wall Mount works with any computer, monitor, or television that has a VESA compa Yes. The MobilePro Wall Mount works with any computer, monitor, or television that has a VESA compatible mount and weighs less than 30 pounds.
In the case of the 2014 iMac, you can order them from Apple with a VESA compatible mount pre-installed. You can find a link to this option on Apple's online store, just below the "Select your iMac" section.
The link says "Looking for an iMac with Built-in VESA Mount Adapter?" …
- Answered by Scott G from Arlington Heights
- Nov 5, 2014