Can I connect more than one external disk through the USB port?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. I have an old airport extreme with a usb port and 3 HD and my printer connect through a hub. Works perfect. Can't see any reason the new TC wouldn't do the same. I'm getting one just deciding between the 2TB or 3TB.
- Answered by Gordon B from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You should be able to. A USB hub would be your solution. However, you would still be limited to USB 2.0's 480Mb/s transfer rate. As a disclaimer, I haven't tried this myself. This is a theoretical solution. Please report your findings if you try.
- Answered by Aaron S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
For USB 3.0 connection to a Macbook Air, will one single USB connection be able to provide enough power to power on and use this drive?
- Asked by Simon C from Thornhill
- Aug 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (For USB 3.0 connection to a Macbook Air, will one single USB connection be able to provide enough power to power on and use this drive?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Hard Drive Triple …