Originally released February 2013
13.3-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2560-by-1600 resolution at 227 pixels per inch
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
256GB Flash Storage
720p FaceTime HD Camera
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.6 GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz)|
|Cache||3MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Storage1||256GB Flash Storage|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n specification)2 Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology|
|Expansion||MagSafe 2 power port, Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps), HDMI port, Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps), one SDXC card slot|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Thunderbolt ports with support for DVI, VGA and dual-link DVI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers, dual microphones, headphone port (Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote & microphone and support for audio line out [digital / analog]).
|Size and weight||Height: .75 inches (1.9 cm)
Width: 12.35 inches (31.4 cm)
Depth: 8.62 inches (21.9 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 3.57 pounds (1.62 kg)3
When you pack so many pixels into a display — over 4 million on the 13-inch model — the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can’t discern individual pixels. Images take on a new level of realism. Text is pin sharp. A spectacular 2560-by-1600 resolution on the 13-inch MacBook Pro let you see more of your high-resolution images with pixel-for-pixel accuracy.
More color and contrast. Less glare.
The Retina display reduces glare up to 75 percent while maintaining incredible color and quality. In fact, it has a 29 percent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. Blacks are blacker. Whites are whiter. And everything in between is rich and vibrant. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you’ll see the difference at practically any angle. And you’re going to love what you see.
There’s a reason they call it "flash."
You’ll notice a difference in whatever you do — starting up takes seconds, apps launch quickly, even navigating the desktop feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to flash storage, which gives you up to four times the performance of a traditional hard drive.4 So you can import huge photo libraries into Aperture in no time flat. And flash storage is extremely energy efficient, which means your MacBook Pro also has the ability to stay in standby mode for up to a month, without plugging in. So whether it’s been 1 day or 30, your all-flash MacBook Pro will spring to life, right where you left off.
Thunderbolt. Data transfer is now lightning fast.
Thunderbolt technology gives you a single connection that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express. With two 10-Gbps data channels, you can transfer data up to 12 times faster than with FireWire 800. And don’t worry about a single drive or peripheral tying up the Thunderbolt port: You can daisy-chain as many as six devices, including your display. So with one tiny, streamlined port, you get lightning-fast transfer speeds and huge expansion capabilities. Combine that with two USB 3 ports, an HDMI port, and an SDXC card slot, and in a matter of minutes you can build an entire professional studio with MacBook Pro as its centerpiece.
Matching power for power.
A 7-hour battery life is impressive for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, top-of-the-line processors and graphics, and a superslim design, it’s absolutely remarkable. The built-in battery gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles and up to 30 days of instant-on standby time.5
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products.6 Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in January 2013 using preproduction 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 512GB of flash storage and 16GB of RAM, and preproduction 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 256GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM. 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 4GB of RAM were production units. 2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Pro production systems with 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 8GB of RAM were tested in May 2012. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size, 8 outstanding IOs, and 150GB test file. Average rotational media performance calculated by creating the test file on the outer, middle, and inner sectors of the drive and averaging the results from all three measurements. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Wireless web testing conducted by Apple in January 2013 using preproduction 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems and preproduction 2.6GHz dual‑core Intel Core i5‑based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. Standby testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using preproduction 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems and in September 2012 using preproduction 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
Mac OS X
Includes the Mac App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Notes, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Game Center, iTunes and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including: