Data Backup 3 is a powerful utility that allows you to back up, restore, and synchronize your valuable data with minimal effort. Whether you're a new computer user or a seasoned professional, Data Backup 3 offers you just the right amount of power, flexibility, and ease-of-use to help you protect your files fast.
You can back up to FireWire and USB drives, network drives, CDs, and even DVDs. Data Backup 3 lets you make schedules so you don't need to think about backing up. It takes care of backups automatically. By separating basic functions from advanced features, Data Backup will save your valuable data with just a few mouse clicks.
- No complicated setup--built-in backup sets to quickly back up your iTunes or iPhoto files, other important data, or your entire system.
- Custom create your own backup sets. Just drag and drop.
- "Fast Start" feature pre-selects the files to be backed up, saving you time (requires OS X v10.4 or later).
- Go back in time and see your files and directories, as they were when your backups happened.
- Schedule your backups to automatically run at a specific time, on a recurring basis, or when a drive is connected.
- Have your Mac automatically wake from sleep to execute scheduled backups.
- Run backups whether you're logged in or not.
- Create a bootable clone of your hard drive.
- Choose to compress and/or password protect your backups.
- Backup to any mounted drive, including FireWire, USB, ATA, or networked.
- Backup to CD/DVD disks automatically span on multiple disks.
- Creates an exact copy of a folder or a drive, including bootable OS X backups.
- Synchronize folders; perfect if you use more than one computer.
- Mac OS x v10.2.4 or later
- PowerPC or Intel Core Duo processor
- Mfr. Part Number: 33100
- UPC or EAN No.: 794038331006
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Ok except for encryption
I have been trying for six weeks to get an encrypted backup to work with no success. I have been working with thier customer supp I have been trying for six weeks to get an encrypted backup to work with no success. I have been working with thier customer support, who are very fast and responsive, but to no avail. The problem is it just will not restore from an encrypted backup. If you want to use it for non-encrypted purpses it works fine. …
- Written by Shannon S from Indianapolis
149 of 209 people found this useful
Nice Product and Great Support
I will echo the comments of those below. The product just works. With Time Machine on the Macs it is easy to take backups for gr I will echo the comments of those below. The product just works. With Time Machine on the Macs it is easy to take backups for granted. but hardware still fails. With more and more of our lives stored digitally, do you really want to lose those baby pictures or that sound file of your grandfather telling the family stories? Maybe you can get it back with Time Machine, but an photographer/film maker friend spent almost a week with Apple on the phone recapturing his business works and files over the past ten years. Why not have a external drive and at least a weekly backup? Most of us can lose a week of files (or find them with TM) but years?
And these guys spend enough time on the phone to solve the problem not just "take two reboots and call me in the morning." …
- Written by Jim B from Rockwall
56 of 56 people found this useful
Bugs, bugs and more bugs
I had very little luck with this app. The backup schedules disappear or become damaged, source and destination volumes/folders dis I had very little luck with this app. The backup schedules disappear or become damaged, source and destination volumes/folders disappear and have to be reset every few backups, can't save new scripts most of the time (save script is grayed out), I have to duplicate existing scripts and "save as", can't make "do a full scan" option stick, it would often miss files, often when I tried to re-add a destination after it disappeared it says that the source was already used do I want to read the information? Whether I click yes or no it doesn't add the source, I have to remove the .indeligible (or whatever that's called) using the terminal, then I can re-add the destination. Useless logs on top of that. Really weird GUI and options. After two backup scripts disappeared from the list yesterday I got fed up and I've gone back to Retrospect Express (I wanted a native app and the ability to delete oldest backups). Hopefully Retrospect X will address those. Wasted 60 bucks...
2.66GHz MacPro, 10.5.2, 12GB RAM …
- Written by Adam D from Maspeth
66 of 77 people found this useful
Program does not work
I obtained this software with an external drive to create a bootable clone for my iMac. Unfortunately, it created a clone that co I obtained this software with an external drive to create a bootable clone for my iMac. Unfortunately, it created a clone that could not be booted. When I attempted to open the software back up to see what went wrong, it would not open. I uninstalled, reinstalled and tried again. Same thing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled a third time and again found the program would only open immediately after installation, but failed to open every time after that.
I contacted customer support who gave me about a twelve step process to get them screenshots (remember that I cannot open the program), then uninstall and reinstall in a very specific way by manually deleting some files and saving others, and downloading from a different site. Who has time for this nonsense? There are better options out there. I bought a new program that worked as advertised. I will never buy anything from Prosoft again. …
- Written by Patrick B from Coldwater
Been waiting 15 years for this
A backup program that compresses files, maintains the folder structure, and and isn't required to get your data back (compression A backup program that compresses files, maintains the folder structure, and and isn't required to get your data back (compression makes tar files which pretty any OS can unpack). The only reason I don't give it five stars is I wish I could set it to email me when the backup was done without trying to unravel this weird scripting thing it has. …
- Written by Peter K from Syracuse
TOTALLY worth it!
I've had this program for over 8 years and it's a piece of cake to use.
AND their customer support is totally on it and responds I've had this program for over 8 years and it's a piece of cake to use.
AND their customer support is totally on it and responds right away if you have any problem.
Who could ask for more?
(How the only button on the interface, which has the words "Start Now" over it, would confuse someone because it has a metallic arrow that points left inside it, is completely beyond me.) …
- Written by Ken J from tempe
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will it work with Lion?
- Asked by Patrick M from Dallas
- Aug 16, 2011
Yes it works with Lion. I've been using this software since Snow Leopard and when I upgraded to Lion Yes it works with Lion. I've been using this software since Snow Leopard and when I upgraded to Lion it still worked. Just make sure you run the updates and you'll be fine. It's a simple and very good program that does exactly what you want and need it to do. Good Luck.
- Answered by John D from Brick
- Aug 26, 2012
New with my Ipod Touch....how can I back up and save my data? In case it loses it's info or does it?? As I said this ia all new to me :(
- Asked by Madeline R from Derby
- Jan 9, 2010