Apple Recycling Program
Apple's free recycling program makes it easy for you to play a role in helping to protect the environment.
Apple and the Environment
Apple is committed to supporting our customers and protecting the environment throughout the product lifecycle. Apple’s free recycling program makes it easy for you to safely and affordably recycle your used computer, iPod, or mobile phone.
Computer Reuse and Recycling
Apple offers several ways to recycle your old computer:
First, see if your old Mac or PC has monetary value. If the computer qualifies for Apple’s Computer Reuse and Recycling program, you can receive an Apple Gift Card for the value of your old system.
- Complete the online form: To get started, visit Computer Reuse and Recycling and complete a short online form. This form gathers information about your old computer to determine if it qualifies for reuse. If it does, that means it has monetary value.
- Get your estimate and ship your computer: Apple contracts with PowerON, who will estimate the fair market value of your computer. They will also send you a box and a prepaid shipping label. Pack your computer carefully, then send it off.
- Receive your Apple Gift Card: Apple will apply the monetary value of your old computer to an Apple Gift Card, which you will receive by e-mail. Use it for purchases at any US Apple Retail Store or the US Apple Online Store.
If your old computer doesn’t qualify for reuse, Apple will recycle it responsibly at no cost to you. Just look for the free recycling offer during the reuse process above.
Apple offers free computer recycling (Mac or PC) with the purchase of any new Mac. Just check the opt-in box during online checkout. You will be sent an email with two prepaid shipping codes. Follow the instructions on the email to recycle your old computers.
If all you want is to dispose of your unwanted equipment — regardless of brand — we can help you do that. Apple contracts with Sims Recycling Solutions to responsibly recycle computers and displays from any manufacturer. Just call 800-966-4135 to receive a free prepaid shipping label. Then pack up your equipment using your own box and send it off. For more information about Sims Recycling Solutions, visit oem.srsapp.com/ApplePoweredBysims/.
Apple also offers free recycling for all Mac batteries. Just bring your old Mac battery to your nearest Apple Retail Store and we’ll do the rest.
Recycle an iPod or Mobile Phone
If you don’t live near an Apple Retail Store, you can recycle your iPod or mobile phone by mail:
- Complete the online form: On the Recycling Program for iPod and Mobile Phones page, enter the quantity of iPod units or mobile phones you'd like to recycle. Enter your name and address.
- Choose your shipping options: Print out the mailing label and attach it to your own packaging, or request free prepaid packaging materials to ship your items.
- Package: Securely package the items and take them to your local post office. Visit usps.com to find a location near you.