Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Studio quality anywhere
About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand.
Three products in one small package
MiC integrates a microphone, microphone preamp, and an A/D converter into one compact device. Each part of MiC is designed to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for artists desiring that big-studio microphone sound. The latest MiC delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It's optimized for the newest iOS devices, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity—up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning performances.
PureDIGITAL connection delivers pristine sound quality
Designed for vocal, spoken word, and acoustic instrument recording
Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac
Lightning and Mac USB cables included
Easy to use, no setup required
Gain knob and level indicator make setting level a snap
Made for GarageBand and Logic Pro
Low-noise digital connection with high-gain, studio-quality preamp
Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?
Three products in one, MiC combines a microphone, a mic preamp, and a digital converter—everything you need to record.
Apple Recommends For
Anyone who wants a high-quality condenser microphone with incredible sound and total portability for recording on iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
What’s in the Box?
Apogee MiC digital microphone
Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (3.3 ft./1 m)
USB cable for connection to Mac (3.3 ft./1 m)
Microphone stand adapter
Height: 4.56 in./11.58 cm
Width: 1.52 in./3.86 cm
Weight: 6.4 oz./181.4 g
Requirements Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later or iOS 6.1 or later
CPU: 1.5 GHz or faster Intel processor
RAM: 2GB of RAM minimum; 4GB recommended
Requirements Software: For Mac: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage, or any Core Audio compatible application. For iOS: Made for GarageBand on iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. Works with other Core Audio compatible apps.
Mfr. Part Number: MiC 96k-LO
UPC or EAN No.: 805676301495
Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Warranty: One year
- iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
- iPod touch 5th Generation 16GB
Answers from the community
using the apogee mic with iphone 6 video app, can you set audio levels?
- Asked by Richard J from Salt Lake City
- on Nov 28, 2015
Yes, the MiC has a gain wheel (input volume) on the side. The colored light shows the strength of th Yes, the MiC has a gain wheel (input volume) on the side. The colored light shows the strength of the signal. It works great for capturing sound for video!
- Written by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on Dec 4, 2015
Is there a way to connect the iOS Device to power while using the Apogee Mic? And if not, does it drain the battery of the iOS device quickly?
- Asked by Terri W from Pearl City
- on Sep 3, 2015
Can I use this with the iOS Camera app as a microphone while recording HD video?
- Asked by Arman A from Vienna
- on Apr 10, 2012
Yes you can. It will take over as the audio source for many apps, including the built in video reco Yes you can. It will take over as the audio source for many apps, including the built in video recorder from the 'camera' app.
- Written by Thomas G from ESCONDIDO
- on May 14, 2012
Is this compatible with the iPhone 5 using an Apple 30-pin adapter? If so, is there any degradation in the quality?
- Asked by Daniel R from ANCHORAGE
- on Sep 27, 2012
Is a longer cable available?
- Asked by Alan R from Merrill
- on Feb 3, 2014
Yes, Apogee offers longer cables. You can also utilize a USB extension when recording to a Mac.
- Written by Rob C from Santa Monica
- on Mar 10, 2014
does the mic work with iphone 5s and ipad mini?
- Asked by Chloe I from Isle Of Man
- on Sep 22, 2013
The latest version of MiC includes Lightning, 30-Pin and USB cables per the product description.
- Written by Rob C from Nashville
- on Nov 29, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And now Live Loops makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And now Live Loops makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar or bass into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 9 allow you to play, record and edit third-party instrument Apps right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ*
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger any Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Start with a collection of Apple-designed templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Customize a grid or build your own with a library of over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create your own loop by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice, or guitar
• Use Remix FX and Multi-Touch to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap the record button and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer provides their own signature sound and the ability to create a over a million realistic groove and fills
• Fine-tune the drum performance using simple controls that influence the groove and which drums are played
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual guitar and bass amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****
• Play, record and edit performances from third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume or fine-tune your mix using the Simple EQ, compressor, echo and reverb
• Record the movement of controls on a Touch Instrument
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
* Live Loops is available on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), or later devices.
** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, or later devices. Multi-track recording requires compatible third party audio interface.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extension instruments apps from the App Store.
**** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. …